AVS Forum banner

18621 - 18640 of 47999 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,079 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtrot  /t/686371/dynaudio-owners-thread/18600#post_22972601


Congrats on a clean, minimalist setup! BTW, may I ask what amp and speaker wires those are?

My man Jax will love that; clean and minimalist is what he lives for!



Ooh, ooh; Mister Kot-ter! I know the answer...but wouldn't dare steal Jax's thunder, lol.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
510 Posts
First, thanks for all the kind words...



Regarding my system:


iTunes streaming lossless files to AirPort Express

Toslink digital out of Airport Express into

Benchmark DAC2 HGC, this acts as DAC and preamp to feed

Bryston 4bsst2 amplifier

Cables are all The Chord Company cables.

Speakers and stand are of course DYNAUDIO



My system is done other than toying with preamps. There, I said it! And damn it, I'm stcking to it!!! (at least for today!!!)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxwired  /t/686371/dynaudio-owners-thread/18600#post_22972738


First, thanks for all the kind words...



Regarding my system:


iTunes streaming lossless files to AirPort Express

Toslink digital out of Airport Express into

Benchmark DAC2 HGC, this acts as DAC and preamp to feed

Bryston 4bsst2 amplifier

Cables are all The Chord Company cables.

Speakers and stand are of course DYNAUDIO



My system is done other than toying with preamps. There, I said it! And damn it, I'm stcking to it!!! (at least for today!!!)

Awesome system! How does this system compare to your Perrauex/Harbeth SHL5 system?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
510 Posts
The harbeths are superb speakers but they are huge and they do not have the modern vibe I like. They are also a very warm speaker and probably sound best in a room that is more lively than mine. The perreaux is also one of the best amps I've ever owned. It's a steal on the used market (and I'm not just saying that because I have one for sale, lol). I think the bryston is just a bit better of a pairing with dynaudio though and I like the looks a lot better.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,079 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gn77b  /t/686371/dynaudio-owners-thread/18630#post_22975942


I'm surprised that no one told you that the Benchmark is no match for that system

That's funny; I think I just did (before I read this, lol)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
510 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gn77b  /t/686371/dynaudio-owners-thread/18630#post_22975942


I'm surprised that no one told you that the Benchmark is no match for that system

Damn it! Why oh why did I spend years picking out my system when I could have just asked you!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
510 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluvette  /t/686371/dynaudio-owners-thread/18630#post_22975945


Awesome room Jaxwired, I can only dream.
Thank you. I am lucky and grateful.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
187 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxwired  /t/686371/dynaudio-owners-thread/18630#post_22976192


Damn it! Why oh why did I spend years picking out my system when I could have just asked you!!!!
beats me...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,079 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDLehner  /t/686371/dynaudio-owners-thread/18630#post_22975979


That's funny; I think I just did (before I read this, lol)

And let me elaborate. I happen to know, Jax has been around the block and back...when it comes to trying to hone-in on exactly what amp and speaker combo he prefers. He's found the C1s (excellent choice) and Bryston power (which I know is just near and dear to his heart), and he claims to be sticking...lol.


I didn't mean to suggest I think the Benchmark is outclassed by the rest of his system. It's a DAC I've actually not had much interest in trying...so I've never heard it for myself. I've suggested to Jax, he didn't "shop-around", when it comes to DACs, the way he did with everything else. DACs are near and dear to my heart; so I've suggested he might have found something "better" out there...as I happen to think there are some really quality DACs being produced these days (it's a golden-age for digital).


But I also understand, and have said so in the past...sort of picking a piece of gear in your kit, that remains a constant. After all...if you go futzing with everything, it can be hard to sort out the synergy between this changed component and that. For Jax, it seems like that's his source/DAC...and we can't fault, or criticize his choice for that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,268 Posts
I replaced the arcam rdac with the jolida tube dac and I feel the edginess of the rdac was replaced with a nicer smoother top end that was more natural sounding and a soundstage that's larger deeper. Bass is more controlled as well adding to the detail on the mids. Really a great change for me.


I also swapped out TVs and picked up a 55" panny Adam and what a difference compared to my older Samsung 40" lcd
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,595 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by callas01  /t/686371/dynaudio-owners-thread/18630#post_22976679


I replaced the arcam rdac with the jolida tube dac and I feel the edginess of the rdac was replaced with a nicer smoother top end that was more natural sounding and a soundstage that's larger deeper. Bass is more controlled as well adding to the detail on the mids. Really a great change for me.


I also swapped out TVs and picked up a 55" panny Adam and what a difference compared to my older Samsung 40" lcd

I just changed my office system from a Arcam rLink to the rDac (which goes into a Arcam Alpha 9P driving Audience 52SE). I'm pretty happy with it, but it's just an office system with a Squeezebox Touch as source, and occasional digital audio from my Mac Mini to play samples, Youtube, etc.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,268 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaceTripper  /t/686371/dynaudio-owners-thread/18630#post_22976739


I just changed my office system from a Arcam rLink to the rDac (which goes into a Arcam Alpha 9P driving Audience 52SE). I'm pretty happy with it, but it's just an office system with a Squeezebox Touch as source, and occasional digital audio from my Mac Mini to play samples, Youtube, etc.

I use my blu-ray player as a transport that I output via optical to the dac for all my cd playback, and I also have my laptop connected via usb for computer audio. The rdac was nice, but i like the Jolida tube dac better.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,595 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by callas01  /t/686371/dynaudio-owners-thread/18630#post_22976946


I use my blu-ray player as a transport that I output via optical to the dac for all my cd playback, and I also have my laptop connected via usb for computer audio. The rdac was nice, but i like the Jolida tube dac better.
About the only thing I would care about doing to my office system is to add a sub, since the 52SE are wall mounted. I am thinking about the REL T-Zero.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,595 Posts
My next upgrade is on the way. No, not a pair of C2s. I bought a Naim NAC282 preamp to replace the NAC202 I have. I should have it later this week.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,268 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaceTripper  /t/686371/dynaudio-owners-thread/18630#post_22978325


My next upgrade is on the way. No, not a pair of C2s. I bought a Naim NAC282 preamp to replace the NAC202 I have. I should have it later this week.
awesome dean, that is really cool. congrats.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,671 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,079 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OctaDyn_Dude  /t/686371/dynaudio-owners-thread/18630#post_22982412


Well since you've so many speakers - How do they compare in sound?
Need a review. I thought this was interesting.
http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?cspkr&1360980222&&&/Dynaudio-C1-II-vs-Focal-Micro-BE-vs-Harb

That's funny; because Jax has owned 2 of the 3 of those speakers...within the last week!



That guy gets 2 things right though: comparing Dyn and Harbeth, is like comparing apples and celery; not even the same animal. And...Harbeth has midrange to die for. I know some people think it's just because there's nothing else...no lows, no highs; but I think there's more to it than that.
 
18621 - 18640 of 47999 Posts
Top