AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a DX-LCD32-09 for my father, he likes to listen to the sound via headphones so it doesn't bother my mom. But when we plug in the headphones, the sound keeps coming out of the TV. On his old TV (and most others we have tested), when you plug in the headphones, the sound stops coming out of the speakers.

Is there a way to have this TV output sound via the headphone jack (and control the headphone volume with the remove), but not have sound coming from the speakers?

Thanks!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I really don't have an answer for that, but I am considering that very same model at BB, and was wondering if you'd give me your opinion and experience with it? Thanks

·
Registered
302 Posts
simple fix....i have this tv for my computer monitor and all you have to do is go in the menu and go to audio setup...look for "tv speaker" and then turn it to off...hope it works

·
Registered
302 Posts
but i do have last years model of the same tv...they might have changed the menu...so just look in the audio setup menu and try to see if there is anything similar to what i told you

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlc9 /forum/post/15565632

I really don't have an answer for that, but I am considering that very same model at BB, and was wondering if you'd give me your opinion and experience with it? Thanks

It was a present for my father, he is very happy with it (excepting the headphone issue). He is not particularly picky, and neither am I, but I can say to these two normal users, it seemed perfectly fine.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm having the same issue with the same model. Plug in the headphones, sound keeps coming out of the speakers, faint sound out of the headphones that is effected by the volume control, but when you press Mute the headphones stay active while the speakers mute. This makes no sense.

This model apparently has no setting in the menus to configure the sound output other than the digital out. I'm trying to use a small pair of speakers that sound better than the built-in ones. Speakers, headphones, same results.

Can anyone verify this? Does anyone have the model and it works the way we are talking about?

I happened to be close to the BestBuy where I bought it. I was hoping someone there could grab a pair of headphones and duplicate the behavior with the display model, but they wouldn't even try. "We don't have any headphones laying around to try this with." Someone in an A/V electronics store has to have a pair of headphones to loan out for a customer demonstration. It was a lousy example of customer service. He suggested I bring in my TV and have the Geek Squad try to duplicate the behavior. Very lame, but I guess it's all I can do.

This website and one other have the same problem listed. So either it's a rare occurrence, or very few people try the headphone jack on this TV.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My dad hasn't been able to find a menu option to turn off the TV speakers; I haven't been down to visit to look. However, I wrote to Dynex and finally got a response,

Quote:
"Regarding this issue, the speakers should turn off automatically when you

connect headphones. If it is not working like it should, it could be a

malfunction on the TV itself and the set needs to be check by a technician."

We haven't followed up futher, anyone else pursuing this?

·
Registered
39 Posts
With this TV the sound doesn't automatically mute when you plug in headphones, so you have to mute the TV yourself with the mute button on the remote. Then you can control the volume through the headphones with the remote or TV buttons. When your done with the headphones just unmute the TV.

Reactions: Saturdayspecial
1 - 10 of 10 Posts