Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My E-80 does this every time:

I set up to do a high-speed dub to DVD-R. Tell it to start and it shows the "dubbing in progress" screen for about 1 minute. It then stops recording and displays the wonderfully useful message "An error has occurred, press Enter." I press enter and it goes back to displaying the current input like I had just turned it on. I can then go back to the dubbing menu, tell it to start again, and it will dub just fine to the DVD-R with no problems at all. Strange! Will also record to DVD-R just fine if I remove the disc and put it back in the tray after getting the error message.

Has anyone else had this happen? Is there some funky setting that I might have set wrong that could cause this?

Thanks,

HDD

·
Registered
15 Posts
This has been discussed at length in both avsforum and dvdrforum. Many people have this problem. The good news is that it never seems to make a coaster. The bad news is that we're all very uncomfortable with the behavior, and the cause and fix are unclear. I contacted panny about it and they want me to bring it in for repair. I haven't found anyone else who's done that. Panny didn't say they knew what the problem was, so no fix is guaranteed. I'm undecided whether I'll have it repaired or not.

You don't need to do anything to the tray after the message. Just initiate the dubbing again.

I have had some success with "waiting" after I insert the DVD-R blank to let the machine "settle down" (very non-technical and unprecise solution, but it's reduced how many times it happens for me). Others have suggested that heat makes the problem worse, so you might try reducing temperature around the box to see if that helps.

If you find out anything more definite, I'd certainly like to know. Thanks

G Defenbaugh
[email protected]

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.