AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My tests have shown this as far as time. Am I correct? It cuts the time by one half vs DVD-R burning Hi speed. Is quality on the DVD-RAM disc better than a regular DVD-R? Give us some info. Too bad the Panny XP-30 does not play RAM. My new Panny F85 does but it's monitor is not that good so I cannot gauge.

·
Banned
3,539 Posts
No difference in quality since the recorded digital stream is identical. By the way DVD-Rs come in 2x and even 4x speeds now (RAM is 2x) but the Panasonic's drive only supports recording DVD-Rs in 1x mode, if they upgraded it you could burn DVD-Rs twice as fast as the DVD-RAM (under 15min/disc) like newer PC DVDR burners do!

·
Registered
3,700 Posts
D100 supports 4x high speed dub to DVD-R.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I have confirmed the 4x speed taking around 15 min.to burn with high speed dub. However 2x tdk media takes as long as 1x Verbatim around 55 min. Is this what others have confirmed ? I was interested since Staples has a spindle of 25 tdk 2x for around $39.00. If this is true there is no advantage to getting faster media unless you go to 4x media (I used Ridata (Riteck) which I have found to be much less compatable on other DVD players.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.