AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
E.A. thumbed their nose at Sony today in New York with the release of their Winter 2007 titles:

6 for the xbox 360

3 for the Wii

1 (yes only one) for the PS3!!!

E.A. stated that the PS3 hardware platform was not a financial incentive at this time for game development! Wake up Sony and change your marketing strategy.

Oh well, still the "cheapest" blu-ray player on the market!

·
Registered
9,460 Posts
People like to see links to the source if you have it can you provide please. Thanks

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Source was on CNBC. Reporter was talking to a E.A. spokesman in New York where they released the Winter 2007 titles today. I will check the E.A. website to see if there is mention of these facts. Hopefully before the "Blu Ray" police delete my post

·
Registered
286 Posts
Here are the games announced for each system announced

xbox - Boom Boom Rocket, Command & conquer 3 tiberium wars, Def Jam: Icon, NBA Street homecourt, NCAA March Madness 07 and UEFA Champions League 2006-2007.

For ps3 it was Def Jam: Icon, NBA Street Homecourt and The Godfater: The Don's Edition.

http://info.ea.com/products/product_ny_07w.php for a full list of games announced. Not making games for the PS3 is nonsense. The same reason they were not all out at launch for the 360 is it takes time to develop and cross them over.

So the original poster was wrong on the number of games too.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Who cares? Both EA games I've had so far I've sold on ebay. (Madden and Fight night)

Fight Night is cool, and I played it a lot...but it got OLD real quick...only 6 venues, 4 trainers, like 10 songs, etc etc.

That doesn't sound too bad, until you have to fight 40+ fights in a career that takes 4+ hours...got old real quick.

Madden was just a port of the xbox version...completely different from the regular ps2 versions. Who knows what 08 will be like. Don't care right now.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
That makes sense to me,

The 360 should have the most because the hardware has been out the longest & therefore it has had the most development time,

The Wii is just a gamecube with a different controller & last gen graphics so it's not a big deal to program for,

but the PS3 is brand new & they haven't had the kind of time needed to get a bunch of new games out for it yet but they obviously have many games in development that will be out soon.

So all you trolls just move on there is nothing to see here!!

·
Registered
671 Posts
Good news if it is true. EA generally puts out weak titles IMO. It makes sense that they wont develop for PS3. It would be too much work for them, and product would probably be inferior based on their history.

I'm all about lasting quality over quick quantity.

Thanks!

·
Registered
5,084 Posts
those are nonsense titles. make no mistake about it, the ones that really count, the maddens, ncaa footballs, the nba lives, the fifas will all be on both systems. they may be ports, but they'll be on both...

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Not having EA support for your console is like not having stupid ugly chicks attend your weekend kegger. The PS3 will do fine this winter with other developers supporting it.

·
Registered
3,248 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmanhdtv /forum/post/0

E.A. thumbed their nose at Sony today in New York with the release of their Winter 2007 titles:

6 for the xbox 360

3 for the Wii

1 (yes only one) for the PS3!!!

E.A. stated that the PS3 hardware platform was not a financial incentive at this time for game development! Wake up Sony and change your marketing strategy.

Oh well, still the "cheapest" blu-ray player on the market!

God, if only that could be true...I'd love to be rid of EA and their lame cookie-cutter franchises and roster updates...

·
Registered
572 Posts
I highly doubt they will cut out the NBA, NCAA and NHL...

(madden is a given)

with 2k taking the top on those, they must compete...no?

·
Registered
11,880 Posts
even though the crowds in Fight night may have looked less impressive on the PS3, the fighters themselves looked MUCH better and more detailed. What's more important?!?!?

"ooh! Honey! LOOK! That guy with the pretzel in the back row of the crowd looks SO cool! "

(jeez...)

·
Registered
114 Posts
EA has :

def jam icon

medal of honor airborne

nba homecourt

godfather: don edition

burnout 5

half life 2

Thats 6 games; all of these are coming Q1&Q2 of 2007.

I doubt they would give up madden, nba live, next tiger woods, next need for speed, etc. on the ps3.

EA is known for multiplatform.

·
Registered
117 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad_Boy_ /forum/post/0

EA has :

def jam icon

medal of honor airborne

nba homecourt

godfather: don edition

burnout 5

half life 2

Thats 6 games; all of these are coming Q1&Q2 of 2007.

I doubt they would give up madden, nba live, next tiger woods, next need for speed, etc. on the ps3.

EA is known for multiplatform.

Don't forget Army of Two and I "THINK" Crysis as well...so this would be 8 in total for 2007.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.