AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For DAVE, I was using two diplexors to combine the satellite signal and ota signal into one cable. Can the same diplexors be used with a Dish Network setup? I would like to combine the Dish Network signal and ota signal into one cable.

·
Registered
700 Posts
My dad uses the Terk antenna that attaches to the back of the sat dish and he uses diplexors to combine the signal and a diplexor to separate the ota and the sat signal. So I think it can be done.

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
Yes, it can be done, I am using a diplexor to mix my OTA signal with my Dish 6000. The diplexor must be inserted AFTER any switches you have outside.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Marissa's Dad,

Would you pl. elaborate on what you are mixing for the 6000?

Are you able to combine SAT&OTA or OTA & Cable so that they can be fed into the 6000 with a single cable?

I bought some diplexers from partsexpress (their cheapest one). I used them to combine SAT&Cable and split them at the TV with another diplexer. I then had to feed the SAT feed to 6000 and the Cable to a VCR. I'd like to integrate the SAT & Cable if possible and feed it into the 6000 with one cable. Is this possible?

In another thread I started, someone mentoned that I have to use a modulator.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
I have an outdoor antenna, a Dish 500 and a 24" dish for HD at 61.5. I take the output of my switch 21 which would normally go into the house to my receiver and run it into the diplexor. I also hook the cable from the antenna into the diplexor. This single cable then runs indoors into another diplexor where you split ou the signal into 2 seperate lines again. One runs to the the sat input on the 6000 and the other runs into the Ant input on the 6000. It works great and saves running a cable.

I don't know about your situation since I don't have cable. When I did have cable I never watched it on the system that my 6000 was hooked up to, it was just for the upstairs bedroom.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.