AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any of you EchoStar dealers who wants to really get some business, offer the model 6000 and ATSC module at a really good price to readers here. There are many (I would say hundreds) of DIRECTV subscribers in these forums who will be jumping to DISH very soon due to their better HDTV support. I see the CBS-E* deal as an opportunity for a savvy dealer to get lots of business from HDTV enthusiasts.

Anyone know who does have the best deal on the 6000 & ATSC module option?

------------------

Rich Peterson

DBS Consumer Guide Author

[This message has been edited by Rich Peterson (edited 07-16-2001).]

·
Registered
70 Posts
The best price on a stand alone 6000 receiver (for current subs) that I have seen is $439.95 at www.thesatelliteguy.com. The 8VSB module is still available last I heard from www.sears.com for $99.00. If you are a new sub there are even better deals to be had, like a two receiver combo (6000 plus 301 slave) plus the dish and install kit for just over $400.00.

I am not a dealer but I did purchase my equipment from "The Satellite Guy" last year and they did OK by me.

[This message has been edited by dlsnyder (edited 07-16-2001).]

·
Registered
56 Posts
Just a little late! The promo Free Now ends July 31. The 6000 does not qualify for the replacement promo Free Dish. I would have to ship it and the customer would have to activate before July 31. Would love to help, but there is no big price break for retailers. They change the promos often and they may add the 6000 to the free dish. Also wouldn't I need to advertise with a banner add to post?

I am sending an e-mail about this forum and the interest in becoming the #1 source for HD programming to Charlie. Both companies are waiting to see what happens with the must carry law suit. If it fails they then have lots of bandwidth to add HD content. It takes 6 channels to make up 1 HD channel.

If I have time to go to the SBCA convention I will know more and post it.

If you are going to order do it now! If some one wants to get a second IRD then you can get a break. E-mail me if you need more info link is on our temp page fergusonmultimedia.com

Satellite Guy is ok I bought from him before I was a dealer.

[This message has been edited by Tex (edited 07-16-2001).]

·
Registered
517 Posts
I believe that ***************.com had a group buy on their site for a while on the Dish 6000 + 8VSB. They were dealing with one dealer. The moderator arranged it.

Basically the moderator put up a note and everyone who was interested said Yes and then a price was negotiated by the moderator using the number of yeses.

Everyone called up the dealer on their own.

------------------

Eram

---------------------

TV=Sony 53HS10, DVD=Sony DVP-550D, CD=Sony CDP-C335, DSS=Dish PVR 501, Receiver=Marantz S5000, Speakers=JBL M28, JBL PSW-D110, VCR=Panasonic PV-V4620

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.