AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
E!s LIVE FROM THE RED CARPET : ACADEMY AWARDS®

TO MAKE ITS DEBUT IN HIGH DEFINITION TELEVISION (HDTV)

EIGHT HOURS OF LIVE RED CARPET COVERAGE FEATURING HD, WIDESCREEN VERSION TO BE CARRIED NATIONALLY ON INHD

Los Angeles, CA – February 2, 2004 -- Live From The Red Carpet:Academy Awards®, E! Entertainment’s signature pre-show coverage of the Oscars® featuring Joan and Melissa Rivers, will be broadcast for the first time in widescreen HDTV on Sunday, February 29, 2004 marking E!s entry into the HDTV arena as well as a partnership with INHD, announced Mindy Herman, President & CEO of E! Networks and Rob Jacobson, Chief Operating Officer of INHD parent company, iN DEMAND Networks.

Live Countdown to the Academy Awards® (12 –6 p.m. (ET)) and Live From The Red Carpet:Academy Awards® starring Joan and Melissa (6 – 8 p.m. (ET)) will be broadcast outside of the Kodak Theater prior to the start of the 26th Annual Academy Awards and will be carried in standard definition on E! and simulcast in HDTV on INHD.

During the live two-hour preshow, hosts Joan and Melissa Rivers will reveal the entertainment industry’s hottest stars on the Red Carpet as never seen before in widescreen, HD format on INHD. Joan and Melissa will report live from the red carpet, interviewing nominees, presenters, and other celebrities arriving for the ceremony.

"The Academy Awards continues to be the biggest live event of the year for E! Entertainment Television and entertainment enthusiasts around the globe," said Herman. "This first project with In Demand marks our foray into the burgeoning HDTV market, and the Oscars® red carpet represents an exciting way to truly explore the benefits and features of the technology.â€

"We’re thrilled to be collaborating with our partners at E! Entertainment Television to broadcast this major entertainment event to a national audience,†added Jacobson. “This partnership reflects INHD’s ongoing commitment to deliver the best marquee entertainment that cable has to offer to the growing number of cable households with HDTV service."

·
Registered
340 Posts
INHD has really started to ramp up those deals! good job.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Thanks Ken. My wife loves this show and it usually looks terrible on E! This will be a huge upgrade.

It might be a good time for anyone who wants to convince their wife they need a new HDTV set.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Ken Cosper
INHD and Oscar Red Carpet

Entertainment Weekly is saying that INHD is picking up the E! Red Carpet telecast at the Oscars. JOAN IN HI-DEF!!!!!! This could be the end of High Definition as we know it
The fact that the magazine on page 93 while recapping the top things to watch on 2/29 first mentions E!'s coverage on that day and then goes into...

6-8PM Live From the Red Carpet: Academy Awards (INHD)

and then notes underneath how they "can't think of anything scarier than the Rivers women in high-definition" and "for all you sadomasochists out there, have at it"

...seems pretty cool.

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
Joan Rivers in HD - Must . . . not . . . watch . . . but the "car wreck syndrome" will kick in sometime Sunday, I'm sure!

·
Registered
967 Posts
jRivers: Look who we have here....it's ____ from the movie____.

celeb: Hi.

jRivers: you look fabulous, who's the designer?

celeb: It's from ____.

jRivers: The movie was great, how was it making the film?

celeb: The whole cast and crew were fantastic. It was a dream to work with director ____.

jRivers: Well, I hope you win tonight, you deserve it.

celeb: [blushes] Aw, thanks!

jRivers: Where are you going to party tonight?

celeb: We haven't decided yet.

jRivers: OK, thanks for stopping by.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by TiVo_Al
How much will they have to turn up the softening on the HD cameras for this one?
I am watching it right now and it looks noticably softer that most INHD programming- which usually is the sharpest stuff available on HD.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
A six hour countdown to the pre oscar show. In HiDef. Only in America. You gotta love it.

And I do! One word: Cleavage! Or is that two words? :D

·
Registered
128 Posts
Glad it looks "Softer" to everyone else as well....I was thinking my picture was somewhat "blurry", Then I switched to Discovery HD and knew it was their broadcast.

Its amazing how the broadcast effects the picture you get in HD.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
This is an an example of something you would never ever watch in SD, but would in HD.

The funniest part was Giuliana DePandi interviewing her counterpart from E! Israel. I don't think the Israeli counterpart and Giuliana were on the same page, or even in the same document, for most of the interview.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Even my 11 year old daughter could tell it looks soft. She asked me. "is this hd dad?" Then we started looking around and you can tell it isn't as crisp as other hd broadcasts. What gives?:(

·
Registered
128 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Edisto
Even my 11 year old daughter could tell it looks soft. She asked me. "is this hd dad?" Then we started looking around and you can tell it isn't as crisp as other hd broadcasts. What gives?:(
El Cheapo E! Cameras maybe?? Maybe because its simulcast?? Or maybe its because this is E!'s first time in HD?

Lets just hope the Oscars themselves will look WAY better, Which is almost a gaurantee they will.

Gettin tired of this vaseline smeared look, I think I will tune back in when they have the red carpet coverage and see if it improves.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.