AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I realize that the 2 disc Limited Collectors Edition of 20th E.T has been OOP for about a year. However, I was able to obtain an older copy of the DVD via Ebay (although it was misrepresented :( , what a suprise). I cannot find any info on the disc that I received and was hoping that someone here might be able to identify what I have received.

The front cover has the words "Extraordiary! -A O Scott, NY TIMES 2002" across the top. Above the line "A Steven Spielberg Film" are some Japanese characters and "L'Extraterrestre" is written below the words "The Extra-Terrestrial". Also the DTS logo is prominent on the front cover.

On the back cover, the plot summery is written twice, once in English & once in Japanese. Also, the special features are written twice in 2 separate boxes, the left one in English and the right one, I believe, in French.

The disc itself has E.T. written in English, but everything else is written in Japanese. It is a Region 1 disc and when played, the menu says 20th Anniversary Edition :confused: . The UPC code is 0 25389 12576 2 and does not show up in DVD Profiler.

What the hell do I have?

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Sounds like a bootleg. Does it specify a region?

You should have just rented it from Blockbuster and not returned it. They would have charged you for the DVD after ten days. They even give the original box now when renting.

Herm

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
After looking at the case further, it looks like an import/bootleg. It DOES have the Region 1 symbol however, at the bottom under the red Warning it states:

"For sale or rental only by authorized sublicnsees of Warner Home Video in Hong Kong, the philppines, TaiWan and Thailand."

Notice ALL of the spelling mistakes (including the word "Extraordiary!" in big bold letters on the top of the front cover).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.