AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
E-Tech is the exclusive US source for Mike Parker modded Marquee neck boards and video input modules. The use of high-band amplifier chips and enhanced power filtering result in a 15-20% sharper image with punchier colors, better deep gray detail, and inkier blacks.

The cost is $950 and your boards in exchange, to enjoy the full Mike Parker mods on your Marquee, or they are optional on a Marquee you may order from E-Tech.

Tim at E-Tech Systems Phoenix

480 368 7434 or http://www.etechvideo.com/

·
Registered
6,833 Posts
Whe're getting close to finishing the Marquee 9500LC at Mark Haflich's house. This particular 9500 has the Vim/Neck boards mods, to include complete maintenance upgrade. We were also involved in the electrical design for the theater. Mark was very fortuanate to know a very highly skilled electrician, therefore our combined work on the AC power, yields an exceptionally clean AC power in the theater. That clean power plus the performance of the Marquee, made me very proud on my last visit to Mark's on Sunday. Though everyone that has seen the setup raves about it, the truth is, I've yet to finish the setuo and calibration. And I still have a few more things to do to the projector.

Mark and his wife are very good friends of ours. Their home is like our second home. While there yesterday I told them that their theater would have to also be our second theater, especially since I don't have access to ours (as I don't have access to my own house:(). Next week we'll finish the setup and calibration of the projector, but this time we'll be using Colorfax and Avia Pro. I want this to be the best. Later I'll announce a gathering for those in the metro DC area or beyond who would like to see what these mods can look like on a well tweaked system.

I've put so much work into this projector, that I'm even painting the case. It will be my prize work on display. I also plan to fly Tim Martin out for a visit (I hope he can come out). The projector is a high hour Marquee, and the tubes should be around four years old, so this should make for an excellent platform to reveal the mods performance on a Marquee.

·
Registered
21,464 Posts
We didn't use the projector for about 1 year while the new HT was being built. MP installed new tubes in my high hour Marquee about 3 years ago. My guess is that the tubes might have a total of 600 hours on them, maybe a little more. We forget to note the meter hours when we changed the tubes.

I can't express how much of an improvement MP's mod makes to the PQ.

I do remember years ago arguing with both Tim and MP about how mods could improve the beast. All I kept hearing about was the great job the Marquee engineers had already done and that the beast really couldn't be improved.

Well it could but not much by my method of substituting better caps (except in certain critical locations). The trick is to use the capabilities built into the machine (such as extra headroom) for how we use the machine. RGBHV and the resolutions we use. Second we can indeed use better chips and switches that were then available. So we (not me but MP) can use the the capabilities with circuit design not for all the Marquees potential uses but for use for an HT. Plus certain circuits can be improved. Ahh I am babbling, buy the damn mods, they are really worth it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.