Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple of DVD-R 4X questions:

I wanted to get a 3-hour lecture on one DVD-R. I recorded to the HD at XP to get the best quality before I dubbed to DVD EP, but apparently I cannot go from XP HD -> LP on the DVD. I must go LP HD -> LP DVD. Is this true, or am i doing something wrong?

Question 2

If you trim the beginning and end of a program, making an edited play list, can you still dub at 4X high speed?

Last one

How the heck do you get to the end of a three-hour program, to check the ending in play mode or to set an out point in editing play lists? Scanning is a bit slow for a long program.

Thank you.

·
Registered
35 Posts
1. You can only use high speed mode when your not changing the recording mode (XP, ...)

If you change the recording mode you need to copy in real time ot the DVD

2. Yes you can - as long as you dont want to dub to a different recording mode

3. Press the time skip button then pres and hold the up arrow untill the amount to time you want to skip ahead is displayed. (Press and hold to increment in 10min intervals, pres and release for 1 min intervals)

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Zeros and Ones

Question 2

If you trim the beginning and end of a program, making an edited play list, can you still dub at 4X high speed?
You can dub at 4X a single program which has been edited. You cannot high-speed dub playlists.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It appears you can, but they all have to be recorded at the same speed.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Slight correction to Jeff: You can high-speed dub more than a *single* program. I've put together a list of several programs (all recorded to the HD in SP and compatable mode) and burned them to a DVD-R in a single high-speed pass. When you finalize, each program is rendered as a chapter with a thumbnail on the top menu. (Can't speak to the playlist questions yet. I'm still trying to figure that bit out myself.)

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Spoffo
Slight correction to Jeff: You can high-speed dub more than a *single* program.
Yes, my response was not in reference to dubbing multiple programs, but in the ability to high-speed dub a playlist-which is a very different sort of animal.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by JeffWld
You can dub at 4X a single program which has been edited. You cannot high-speed dub playlists.
JeffWld,

Oh yes, you can high-speed dub playlists. It takes me 12 minutes only to high-speed dub a 1hr:2mins playlist (composed of segments recorded in XP mode) from the HDD to a 4x DVD-R. A considerable time saver.

But I'll have to think out whether the dubbing time taken here would have been different with a DVD-R less than 4x. I have a feeling I've read some answers to this on some other threads, but can't remember which.

duwdu

·
Registered
710 Posts
I have an E80 and love it, and want to get another. However, even high-speed dubbing is slow for the amount of stuff I have to get off of the HDD (it's filling fast). Does the E100 detect whether you have a 1x, 2x or 4x DVD-R disk in the drawer, and adjust the high-speed dubbing automatically? If so, maybe I'll get one instead of another E80.

·
Registered
85 Posts
With Ridata (Ritec 4x media it took approx 15 min to dub about 2 hours to fill a disk at sp speed. I used high speed dub and the original was recorded at sp. With TDK 2x media it took about 55 min to do the same thing. With Verbatim (I'm assuming 1x since it was not labeled either 2x or 4x it also took 55 min. Was this similar to your findings?

·
Registered
3,700 Posts
Quote:
High spped dub to 4x media takes 4x as long as high speed dub to 1x media.
I hope you mean high speed dub to 4x media takes 1/4 as long as high speed dub to 1x media.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.