AVS Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
16,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While MS offered up a nice E3 presentation I am still wondering why we are only getting 2 demos (at least so far) . In years past we have been given many more than 2 demos during E3 , is the smaller E3 really behind the 'missing in action' demos ?

-- Jason

·
Registered
5,131 Posts
maybe...the demos have to pass MS certification and it's possibel only the two we got were bug tested enough to be posted.

I would have loved demos for teh following though:

Mirrors edge(the gameplay footage just looks terrific)

Soul caliber 4

Banjo 3

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Good thread topic.

MIA:

BIA

Madden

SoulCaliber

Lego Batman (would've made a nice tie-in this weekend)

Tiberium

World in Conflict

Vivia Pinata 2

Force Unleashed

all those have release dates within the next 60 days....

·
Registered
1,928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by briankmonkey /forum/post/14320752

Perfect Dark (original) remake with Live co-op, counter-op modes

I would love a Perfect Dark Zero remake with jump capability, increased framerate and smoothed out aiming control and physics. I still think to this day PDZ had some of the most creative levels, weapons and general carnage, but unfortunately its choppy framerate and frustrating aiming system made it difficult to tolerate.

·
Banned
13,980 Posts
Honestly I don't remember too much about it PDZ. I played until some Snow level that had was Japanese garden themed, then I think I tooka hovercraft down a river or something.. I tried very hard to get into the game as I love the N64 one but just couldn't get into it.

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
So remind me again.... What does that have to do with people wanting to see demos that were at E3 on XBL like they've been in previous years?

·
Banned
13,980 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhoff80 /forum/post/14321152

So remind me again.... What does that have to do with people wanting to see demos that were at E3 on XBL like they've been in previous years?

Well if it had been there it wouldn't be missing would it

·
Registered
4,835 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by briankmonkey /forum/post/14321196

Well if it had been there it wouldn't be missing would it

Yeah but what you're saying is missing because it doesn't exist. I'm pretty sure the original poster just wants to see the demos that were playable to the media on the floor at E3.

·
Registered
10,434 Posts
I've been playing through the last xbox Splinter Cell.....Chaos Theory..and I'm amazed and how well the game holds up (I own, but haven't yet opened the one made for the 360). I could see them releasing all the Splinter Cell Multiplayer games on Live for a song.....

·
Banned
3,712 Posts
i think the timing of E3 couldnt be worse. july? TGS is what september? Most major announcements happen there. so why would companies want to pre-empt their TGS showings with this little show? Also I say that with E3 being closed to the public now, that THAT is why the major companies dont "shock and awe" us anymore. until TGS that is because the holiday season is right afterwards.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Whatever 360 playable demos were on the floor should've been released with a timer much like the DMC4 demo. And as lynesjc, yes a Lego Batman demo would've been perfect for the weekend.

·
Registered
831 Posts
One of the big complaints about the old E3 format was the expense of having to make demo builds of games. I'm really not surprised that they didn't bother this year. Slapping something together that is good enough for a few game journalists to play is probably cheaper then polishing up a demo suitable for general release. I also wouldn't be surprised if journalists saw a lot more prerecorded videos and developer demonstrations then they in years past.

·
Registered
9,280 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sperron /forum/post/14333825

I also wouldn't be surprised if journalists saw a lot more prerecorded videos and developer demonstrations then they in years past.

at the sony booth

·
Registered
56 Posts
I'm just disappointed I never got to go to a non-mini E3.

I had a chance 5 or 6 years ago when a friend of mine had an extra press pass, but I already had plans at the time >_

1 - 17 of 17 Posts