AVS Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok my brother wants to get E3 tickets (since it will be open to the public) for his birthday and I have no idea where to look, how to buy, etc.... any advice is welcome...

·
Registered
4,357 Posts
I don't believe there is public access. They expanded the list of companies that can get tickets, but I don't believe general public gets any.

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
E3 has lost most of its luster. Opening to the public is probably a few years too late. There were plenty of nobody game store employees and other people that could only be called "insiders" by the broadest of definitions during the years I went (2003-2005).

·
Registered
4,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by tronn /forum/post/15463616

umm the last year they gave tickets to the public it was done online through a website. you'd fill in your info (name, address)

heres the main site
http://www.e3expo.com/

you can try your luck and fill in the attendee info
http://www.e3expo.com/AttendeeFormDB.aspx

wow thanks that was exactly what i was looking for.... thanks again..

·
Registered
5,131 Posts
keep in mind that E3 is a ESA sponsored show and many publishers have pulled out of the ESA. SO it may in fact be a lack luster show this year.

·
Registered
4,666 Posts
Fill in any registration forms that come with games - back in 1996/97 Tecmo sent me tickets for Atlanta's E3, thankfully I lived only a couple hours away at the time.

·
Registered
4,316 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirjonsnow /forum/post/15464394

Fill in any registration forms that come with games - back in 1996/97 Tecmo sent me tickets for Atlanta's E3, thankfully I lived only a couple hours away at the time.

Back then it was open to the public.

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
Good luck. I went to E3 a couple of years ago in LA (the last "big" one). Even if it's 50% of what it was in the past, it'll still be quite a show and madhouse.

-JR

·
Registered
2,771 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirjonsnow /forum/post/15464394

that's cool. i went to the first one in LA back in 1995 with a friend of mine, it was actually pretty cool. that was when (don't laugh) Virtual Boy debuted, the "Ultra" 64 was a no show, and the talk of the show was Killer Instinct for the SNES. and yes, i still have my copy of the Killer Cuts CD that came with the game, HUMILIATION!

and not for nothing, but the adult section of the show was pretty good too...

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
I'd rather go to CES to see the gadgets coming out. Is that open to public?

·
Banned
3,712 Posts
no

....but there may be a back door...

"CES is open to 18+ and are involved in the industry (its not open to the public) however anyone with a printer can make business cards saying that you are from "Sunny's Home Theaters " and you can get in." -source: a different forum

heres the registration:
http://ces091.experient-inc.com/showces091/Default.aspx

but at this time it would cost $200 to enter.

you may be better off waiting till next year, as registering before the 31st of October is free. here the main site:
http://www.cesweb.org/

·
Banned
3,712 Posts
third'ed

pax is only getting bigger and better. now that they will do 2 shows (east coast and west coast) more developers will sign up and it'll be the baddest

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
I went to E3: 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005 and 2006.

It was heartbreaking when they shot it in the head for 2007... I'm going to go back this year and hope it picks up again.

I do agree that PAX would be a much better time for your brother. E3 is where you do business, not so much for the public.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts