Registered
4,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Only a few days until E3 begins.

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Why, yes. Yes it is.

Here's what I'm looking forward to hearing about for Wii at E3. These will almost definitely be addressed:

-Fatal Frame IV

-Wario Land

-Captain Rainbow (What. The. Hell.)

-MegaMan 9

-The Conduit

-"Tales of" games

Otherwise, Nintendo better come out swinging here. After WiiFit, Mario Kart and Smash Bros, they've kinda shot their wad. Nearly all their major franchises have already been released for Wii, so what's next? I'm at least semiexcited about all the software listed above, but none of them are exactly system sellers. We need at least one bombshell apiece for the casual and hardcore markets. Here's my wishlist:

-Animal Crossing MMO

-Wii Sports 2

-Kid Icarus

-Pikmin 3

-Starfox

-Frickin' mass-storage solution already

It wouldn't be out of the question to see a new Metroid or Zelda sequel announced, one built from the ground up for the Wii this time. Can't say that wouldn't be a nice surprise...

...cue Basher talking about how he hopes they announce 17 new Zelda games in 3, 2...

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just want them to announce a zelda game and if they do, then who cares about the rest.

I still think that is the only popular series they could have even possibly had time to make a new installment for anyway. Everything else was done mroe recently or are series that only get specific audiences wanting them, unlike mario, zelda, etc...

It seems pretty likely Kid Icarus will be announced.

I guess MM 9 interests me some. Although I still ahven't played any past MM 4 of the currently released ones and I LOVED MM as a kid and also I have the gc compilation and like I said, I haven't played any of the games on it past the three that I already played as a kid.

I want wii sports 2 also I suppose. I finally went half a year without playing wii sports I think, but have played it twice in the past week. It's still fun and relaxing.

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I still have enough in the current mario kart to do. lol

I didn't even know all the things you can do in versus mode, such as playing as teams. That is interesting. I liked that because I had to hold my items if racers from my team were the ones who would be hit. Or does it automatically not hit them? It put the color around the bana peels for example, so I dunno. But anyway I think it's horrible having teams in battle mode, but kind of cool in VS.

So anyway I am still finding thigns to do in this MK. lol

I want a new punch out game, but I heard that face breaker is supposed to be like super punch out!

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
Yes, I agree that Nintendo really needs to make some huge announcements. Looking through the list of release dates there is just about nothing there I want to play. That could change though.

Here is what I want:

Zelda- with cartoony graphics this time

Metroid

Pikmin- perfect for the wii remote

Wii Music- just want to see what Miyamoto does with this

Wii Sports 2- of course

Mario Universe- at least that it is in development

·
Registered
362 Posts
Are there really any solid rumors about Wii Sports 2? I would love to see Nintendo release that!

I too would like a storage solution. And maybe a new F-Zero game. Other than that I'm hoping third parties finally start taking it serious. I think they will since the Wii keeps selling so well. It appears EA is at least trying to cater to the Wii. Hopefully we're mostly done with the PS2 ports with gimmicky controls tacked on. The best selling system deserves to be taken seriously.

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I don't think there are really any strong wii sports 2 rumors, but surely they will release SOMETHING which utilizes controls very weell.

Like I've said before I just flat don't see how they can do good this holiday season without a new zelda game. It's not at all because I am a zelda fan. I just am realistic enough to know that the only series which is loved by a wide audience type are zelda, mario, metroid, super smash brothers. That's it. To big time video game fans games like kid icarus and f-zero would be great, but for the type of audience that would go in masses toward holiday gaames it's got to be mario, zelda, metroid, or smash brothers. And considering zelda has had more time between it's wii launch than any of those others, I don't see how they can afford to NOT have a zelda game released. But honestly I don't expect it since Twilight Princess was announced several years before its release so it's not normal for Nintendo to announce a game and then release it the same year it was first announced unless it's not in one of the main few series.

·
Registered
572 Posts
It would be really nice to see a whole new franchise. I would also expect several games show up at E3 that use the Wii balance board.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BASHERS33 /forum/post/14267731

I just want them to announce a zelda game and if they do, then who cares about the rest.

That pretty much mirrors my feelings.

·
Registered
5,949 Posts
Wait, so people pushing for another Zelda, you want the series to become the next Tony Hawk? From 1986 through 1999, there were 5 games (not counting CD-i or Satallaview). From 2000 through present, there have been 8 (not counting the GBA ports).

I am playing through Phantom Hourglass now, its good and I like it, as I did Wind Waker. But IMO this series needs a break in the worst way. Twilight Princess sort of got a pass, since it was on two platforms and a launch game for one of them, but I am pretty sure the sales on this series has been declining as Nintendo continues to go to the well every time they need a gap filler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklordjames /forum/post/0

Change that to "Pikimin - perfect for the touch screen" and you have a winning statement.

Pikmin is just perfect for the DS, period.

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I don't think sales have been declinign and either way they are higher than most anything else they could pump out.

I don't want one to come out and feel stale, but "supposedly" they were working on one built for the wii from the ground up since before TP even came out. Could be true or could be false. I just don't like much else Nintendo releases anymore. I haven't liked a mario game since the snes (not counting mario kart of course).

·
Registered
1,392 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BASHERS33 /forum/post/14284390

I don't think sales have been declinign and either way they are higher than most anything else they could pump out.

I don't want one to come out and feel stale, but "supposedly" they were working on one built for the wii from the ground up since before TP even came out. Could be true or could be false. I just don't like much else Nintendo releases anymore. I haven't liked a mario game since the snes (not counting mario kart of course).

haha, I was just playing Mario Galaxy last night and told my wife that Super Mario World was the best Mario game yet.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts