AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

This is the new Vizio E320i (2014) being sold.  Someone on Amazon posted that it spontaneously goes off and that it is a "known manufacturing issue."  However, when I spoke to Vizio they are unaware of any such issue?  Is anyone aware of issues with this set (make and model), especially manufacturing issues?  I just purchased it and have seen no issues so far.

Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, I'm the original reviewer that posted the issues with the tv in amazon. It turns of by itself about 50% of the time while watching netflix. And the amazon prime app is still not available and they have no leadtime on when it will be. I am currently on the phone with Vizio trouble shooting the tv. They seem to think that I might have gotten a bad unit. But there is another reviewer reporting the same issue as well.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Besides it turning off half the time, how is it compared to the M551D-A2R? Does it have the same flashlighting, blooming, and glared problems?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Anyone else have experience with this set please chime in so we can get an "official" thread going for this set. I have one of these (actually I went through 3 before I kept the last one mostly out of exasperation). Does anyone else notice a slight squeal out of the back of the set when powered OFF?

·
Registered
1 Posts

I took my first one back as I thought it was just an anomaly, however, when I turned on the new set I heard the same high-pitched squeal coming from the back of it.  It sounds as though it's coming directly from the lower left hand side when viewing on the wall.  

Happy with picture, sound is OK at best but tough to beat price for a bedroom sized smart t.v.  Stream netflix regularly and haven't had an issue yet.  

Only when the room is quite or if the fan is off during the middle of the night do I want to explore options to get another t.v. as the squeal is noticeable.

Any suggestions on how to remedy?  Directv Genie and TV both plugged into a wall outlet...  

·
Registered
163 Posts
Ive tried different outlets and circuits in my fairly modern house and the same noise is there. I went through 3 of these from different stores and they all exhibited the same sound. Yes other then that the set is good at this price point! A fix could be to put some for of potting compound around any toroid cores in the power supply as I think they may be the culprit but this would involve opening up the set which I'm not ready to do at this point. An interesting test would be to plug the set into an isolated power supply or power conditioner. I may borrow one from work and try that when I have time. Also Im curious if anyone has tried the Vizio XRT302 remote with the keyboard and if it responds to keyboard inputs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts