AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Twice yesterday my E80 stopped recording. It is not a HDD space issue. I was not using programmed recording, just turning it on and hitting record. I would say in both cases, it stopped after 2 hours. Does this ring any bells???

·
Registered
3,700 Posts
Check the auto shutoff setting in the menus, IIRC you can set it to 2 hours, 6 hours, or Never. However, I thought the auto shutoff would not be invoked if you were actually doing something with the recorder (like recording or playback) unless the timer is referenced to the last button push.

Vic

·
Registered
292 Posts
DITTO - I too was recording on my E80 and noticed it had shut itself off in mid record - had no idea why and was under the same impression that auto shutoff only activated with non-use. I have since removed my 2 hour setting and it hasn't happened since.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
This isn't directly related, but this topic made me think of it.

Can you do "OTR" recording on the E80? I could see it being useful when dubbing from videotape or a Tivo or something (since you can edit the recordings afterwards to remove extra junk).

i.e. just hit a record button multiple times to record for 30 mins, etc..

and just to be clear -- the auto-shutoff button does NOT affect scheduled timer recordings, right? It automatically turns back on (for the auto timeout period or just for the recording length?), right?

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by mattack

Can you do "OTR" recording on the E80?
Yes, OTR is a feature.

Timer recordings proceed as programmed with the auto-shutoff function activated, although it's safest to simply keep auto-shutoff deactivated.

·
Registered
3,700 Posts
On a related note, the HS2 had the feature that it would do timer recordings while "off". That is, it would record in timer mode whether the unit was left on or off and you could tell if the unit was recording in the "off" mode by the constantly glowing red record light, but all indications other than the clock would be be off and you would not get any video output. I recall recording TV show marathons (e.g., Twighlight Zone) to the HDD in SP mode where I would get 12 or more hours of programming recorded and I would not have to worry about the auto shutoff setting because the unit was already "off". Is this not how the E80 works?

·
Registered
529 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by vferrari
On a related note, the HS2 had the feature that it would do timer recordings while "off". That is, it would record in timer mode whether the unit was left on or off and you could tell if the unit was recording in the "off" mode by the constantly glowing red record light, but all indications other than the clock would be be off and you would not get any video output. I recall recording TV show marathons (e.g., Twighlight Zone) to the HDD in SP mode where I would get 12 or more hours of programming recorded and I would not have to worry about the auto shutoff setting because the unit was already "off". Is this not how the E80 works?
Yes, this is how the E80 works also.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.