Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From the E80 Operating Instructions, aka "The Manual from Hell:"

"Data will be recorded up to the point recording was stopped. However, if you stop dubbing in High Speed mode partway, the part you tried recording will become unplayable."

What the heck are they saying? Does this mean if I attempt to dub part of a program being played back via the "One Touch" method, but stop dubbing before the end of the program, the original becomes unplayable? The dub to DVD-RAM becomes unplayable?

Moreover, why the heck would either one become "unplayable?" I just don't get this. I'm an idiot I guess. I just don't follow them here.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I assume this might be what you are asking (because this happened to me). I was dubbing High Speed from HDD to DVD-R - I realized I hadn't completed editing out the unwanted items and stopped it about 10 minutes into the copying. My original was untouched but the 10 minutes recorded to the DVD-R was not watchable.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Yes, they are saying that the aborted recording will not be useable, even if you finish filling the disc with additional material and finalize. In other words, the aborted portion will not be viewable and the disc space taken is lost.

The original is not affected.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.