AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
it allows you to play scenes (sections of the video) in the order you want regardless of the order on the original recording.

However, with the E80 you can not high speed dub playlist -- which is why I don't use them :(

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
No, due to the reencoding that occurs when not performing a high speed dub.

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by xortam
Would that be a good way of say taking a TV show and saving it as a play list without the commercials and then copying it to DVD?
Yes that is one way to do it, but I prefer the shorten segment so that I can high speed dub and not re-encode (I.e. lose video quality)

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Wrong attribution sivartk.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I plan on high-speed dubbing everything from the HDD for two reasons: no re-encoding and I can set markers where I want. That takes the use of playlists out of the picture. However, so far, the use of shorten segment, divide program, and markers allow me the basic editing and arranging I need. Anything more creative, I plan on using the PC - if I ever get around to it.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by sivartk
Yes that is one way to do it, but I prefer the shorten segment so that I can high speed dub and not re-encode (I.e. lose video quality)
Is there still a reencode if I go from SP to SP in real time?

·
Registered
3,700 Posts
Quote:
Is there still a reencode if I go from SP to SP in real time?
Yes. If its a real time dub, then there will ALWAYS be re-encoding involved (even if the dub is conducted at the same quality mode as the source program). If it's a fast speed dub, re-encoding NEVER occurs because its a digital bit-for-bit data transfer.

Vic

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.