AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone reccommend a good UPS to use in conjunction with the Panny E80? I would like to have one so in case of a power failure while using the HD or the unit, I have enough time to finish what I am doing or power it off properly without frying the hard drive. Any personal experience with a particular UPS would be appreciated.

·
Registered
24 Posts
modern UPS are pretty good...I'm using a 3 yr old Tripp Lite on my home PC and through multiple outages its worked like a champ.

Check the power draw on the recorder and select the time/energy on that basis. Most will give atleast 15 minutes of power, which is plenty to shut down, but, not enough to finish a 1hr record session.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Depends on your budget. I got this for about $120 a few weeks ago.

http://web.belkin.com/config/Search/...1000va&catID=1

I had some outages this year and lost stuff from tivo. So I got this UPS that will run tivo and even the e80 for a decent amount of time. Some estimates on the tivo were about an hour but I've never tested it. Heck I could probably even hook up a small tv (or my big screen for all of 15 minutes LOL).

Of course there are $30 specials every week at office max but those are maybe 5-15 min from what I've seen on the boxes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.