AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not sure where to post a DAC question. I just bought a used EAD DSP 7000 MKIII HDCD--cheap. I guess I should have it by the end of next week. I was just wondering if anyone uses this, or has any kind of idea what results it will give. I have a 5 year old Sony DVD/CD 200 changer. I thought instead of getting rid of it I could use it strictly for cds by getting a dac. I just took a chance without knowing too much about it.

I have b&k power and martin logan speakers.

·
Premium Member
2,468 Posts
I was a long-time EAD owner of many of their past products including the DSP-9000-Mk3-Pro DAC ( direct drive to amps ). I currently use an EAD 8800-Pro as my main 2-channel & HT piece and have no desire to upgrade ( famous last words ).

I really liked the 9000, but I do find the likes of a Bel Canto DAC-2 much more pleasing these days. I would suggest not to spend bucks on mod'ing your 7000. Enjoy it for what it is, and if you have the urge to try others, consider something like the Bel Canto DAC-2 ( $800 at Audiogon ).

On a side-note, as a longtime digital-aholic, I find ALL digital gear to be very responsive to power conditioning and power cords. If you don't already have a quality PLC, put a used PS Audio P500/P600 with MultiWave2 on your radar. It WILL benefit your entire system, and a great tweak sticks with you for years as your system evolves. Shunyata Hydras are also great PLCs.

- Andy

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.