Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI,

I'm looking to buy a pre-pro in the 4-5k range and was wondering which you would recommend? EAD TM8800Pro, Krell HTS 7.1, Lexicon MC8, Bel Canto Pre/Pro?

My listening is 50%movies 50% music.

I want a nice big soundstage, great detail and excellent dynamic range.

Thanks,

Steve

·
Registered
262 Posts
Have you considered the Tag Mclaren products at all? Their soundstage is superb, and their customer service is excellent.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Hello steve

Try a search in this forum under 8800 for the new Theatermaster.

People who owned the 8800 are very impressed with them.

Also go to Audiogon, under EAD, then discussion forums and read,

again many happy owners.

Enjoy whatever you purchase.

Jim:)

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
Having owned the MC-8 I don't recommend it for a serious music listener, at least not for use of its analog pass through. The Bel Canto and the EAD are both said to excel in this area but I have not heard them.

Dsmith

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by dsmith901
Having owned the MC-8 I don't recommend it for a serious music listener, at least not for use of its analog pass through.
I have to disagree with this. My number one listening priority is music and I am a longtime audiophile, and I find the MC-8 a superb performer in analog bypass, A/D, and music enhancement. However, since the original poster specified equal importance for both movies and music, I think it's a better fit than the other pre-pros he's considering because of what Logic 7 does for all stereo and Dolby Surround/Dolby 2.0 sources (especially since the vast majority of films are not 5.1). "Sound quality" is a matter of taste, but the benefits of Logic 7 enhancement are readily audible.

Cheers,

Philip Brandes

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by steve_cc
Anyone else heard the Bel Canto pre/pro? How does it fare in Home Theatre sound quality?

Steve
I haven't seen a review of the Bel Canto PrePro, but here is a review of the Pre6 which is supposed to have the same analog section as the PrePro.

http://www.hometheatersound.com/equi...esign_pre6.htm

Dsmith

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.