AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
7,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This action thriller is a mixed bag, I can see why it gets poor reviews, but parts of it are very entertaining...

The AVSFORUM official review is good, I watched it on Blu-Ray, and it was quite an Audio-Visual treat due to its excellent bass, sound, and crisp picture:

AVS Forum Official Review:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1101103

The story is somewhat lame, and it is mostly one long chase scene, but the actors and the filmographers keep it entertaining. Check your brain at the door though, the believablity rating for the story hovers around 0%.

If you insist movies are somewhat believable, do not rent this movie.

If you need a movie like "Mission Impossible 3" or "Bourne Identity" BAD, then this may quench your appetite.

Executive Producers Steven Spielburg did his part by booking parts of the actual US Capitol for a fliming, and it looks great in HD.

Suprisingly ... this rather mediocre movie was much better the second time I watched it, and I've seen other people write that as well ...

·
Registered
9,895 Posts
Poor Shia. I genuinely like him, but he appears to be the same hyper, fast-talking character in most of his movies. The actual DC backdrops were good, but the parts that took place in my hometown weren't actually shot there. EE's premise was nothing original and reminded me much of Enemy Of the State.

In fact, I've seen EOtS many times, but am unsure if I'd watch this one again; it barely qualifies as a rental.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Yeah, it's been done before but then again what hasn't. For me, the movie was overly frantic. I would have liked it a lot more if they would have slowed down occasionally to provide more background, develop the characters and the reasoning behind the plot a bit more.

·
Registered
8,712 Posts
Just a notch more believable than Wanted, but I enjoyed it too. Not much of a SlaB fan, but still liked him in this...some memorable action sequences...the junkyard made me chuckle.

·
Registered
28,959 Posts
Stupid, stupid, stupid movie.

Suspension of disbelief is one thing, but in movies like this you can practically see the screenwriters laughing and pointing at the gullible audience they just conned into watching them crap on a piece of paper and call it a script.

·
Registered
2,851 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Z /forum/post/15605048

Stupid, stupid, stupid movie.

Suspension of disbelief is one thing, but in movies like this you can practically see the screenwriters laughing and pointing at the gullible audience they just conned into watching them crap on a piece of paper and call it a script.

Yea, I thought this was pretty horrible, and I even seen it in IMAX... (how does one not enjoy an IMAX movie? Watching Eagle Eye, that's how...!)

I'm pretty anti SlaB tho, so my opinion may be slightly biased...

·
Banned
9,255 Posts
This was La-Poof's best movie by a mile. Not his best performance*, but the best movie he's been in.

*Is he even capable of a "good performance" at all?

·
Registered
1,956 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR_IN_LA /forum/post/15607425

Please, Shia was both cast perfectly, and acted convincingly in Die Hard 3, which I thought was an extremely well executed action flick.

He absolutely owned that roll as the slacker computer hacker ...

Are you thinking of Die Hard 4 and Justin Long?

·
Registered
9,895 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder696969 /forum/post/15607251

This was La-Poof's best movie by a mile. Not his best performance*, but the best movie he's been in.

Xnsfrmrs called for a frenetic performance, which I liked, but I thought he was great in Holes....

·
Registered
711 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder696969 /forum/post/15607251

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezzy /forum/post/15608017

Xnsfrmrs called for a frenetic performance, which I liked, but I thought he was great in Holes....

... and he was also quite good in " The Greatest Game Ever Played ", which was a very good movie as well.

·
Registered
21,216 Posts
I put the Eagle Eye BD in my BB queue but didn't do it with a lot of enthusiasm. Nevertheless, I have considerable tolerance for dumb-as-a-rock action movies, so if they look good, sound good, and don't bore me out of my mind, I will have had my money's worth. To paraphrase a famous old Howard Cosell mot about sports, "Movies are not made in Westminster Abbey."

·
Registered
13,771 Posts
This film could have worked as sci-fi, hundreds of years in the future. But today? Just beyond STUPID. As Josh said... stupid stupid stupid.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts