AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

I’m trying to resolve my HDCP 1.4 issues with my Denon AVR x4100w.

I just ordered a Samsung Q80T which has eARC. I’m curious if anyone has tried to hook an Apple TV 4K to a TV, then eARC to a receiver. Is it possible to pass the atmos signal through the TV via one of the HDMI in’s and out via the eARC HDMI?

I ordered an HD Fury AVR Key 18Gbps to resolve my issue, but if the above setup would work, I could save myself $150.

Thanks Everyone

·
Registered
758 Posts
Unfortunately, it looks like the AVR Key's the only available solution. There's also a less expensive J-Tech JTD18G-H5CH on amazon, but it's not clear what it does with uncompressed audio. It has these bullets in its description that implies if the AppleTV can send LPCM, it can grab it at 5.1

AUDIO EXTRACTION: Extract the digital hdmi audio signal from the HDMI input and convert it to 2 channel analog stereo output or multi-channel Audio (SPDIF) output. NOTE: This unit will only pass Dolby Digital/DTS audio formats, it will NOT decode these formats for the analog output. If using the analog output, make sure your HDMI source is set to PCM audio.

AUDIO EDID SETTINGS: 2CH for L/R or SPDIF stereo output; 5.1CH for SPDIF Output, Supports uncompressed audio such as LPCM. Supports DTS Digital / Dolby Digital pass through (Our device does not decode the digital audio, you will still need an end display that is compatible with those formats) ; DOES NOT SUPPORT ARC FUNCTION.

ADVANCED FEATURES: Supports HDMI HIGH Bit Rate(HBR) audio pass through; Audio sample rates up to 192kHZ;10 Bit HDR pass through.; Supports CEC bypass

Hi Everyone,
I’m trying to resolve my HDCP 1.4 issues with my Denon AVR x4100w.
I just ordered a Samsung Q80T which has eARC. I’m curious if anyone has tried to hook an Apple TV 4K to a TV, then eARC to a receiver. Is it possible to pass the atmos signal through the TV via one of the HDMI in’s and out via the eARC HDMI?
I ordered an HD Fury AVR Key 18Gbps to resolve my issue, but if the above setup would work, I could save myself $150.
Thanks Everyone

1 - 2 of 2 Posts