AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ExpressVu has two real HDTV channels that are mapped to a number of vitrual channels -- one for TMN, one for MC, one for US network HD, and one each for English and French Pay-per-view.

Unfortunately, except for rare occasions, they've insisted on running pay-per-view in prime time, preventing us from getting two network programs.

Finally, as of tonight they're using both channels for network programming, so we can get ABC/NBC/CBS for the eastern time zone, and then the CBS west line-up with Jay Leno back full-time.

Remaining on my wish list (and due to arrive for Easter):

full-time east and west feeds, because upconverts look way better than the degraded SD signals and some of my favourite shows, like Survivor and Amazing Race, won't be in HD for a long time

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,616 Posts
Good move on their part.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Thanks for the information. I almost missed this post as I had not logged onto AVS over the weekend.

This is huge for us Lower 48 subscribers who cannot receive OTA or cable. Particularly with Monday Night Football moving to HDTV in 2003.

Outstanding news.

Dave

·
Registered
333 Posts
Dave , this move is just temporary.

By the time MNF is up and running , BEV will have alot more to offer(10 - 16 channels).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.