AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got my panny installed hanging from the ceiling tonight (using the Draper Aero T4 Ceiling Mount). I've had it sitting in my house for over 2 weeks without turning it on! Now that I have however, I'm not sure what picture settings to use for the break in period. Can someone help me out here?

Also, what calibration dvd do you guys like the most?

Thanks for the help guys. I can't wait to get it hooked up for HD!! :D

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
With most plasmas you simply want to dial back the Contrast and Brightness to 30 or so, certainly no more than 40. Some go even less as the range in these areas with a quality plasma allows for quite low levels...but I have found this unnecessary. Generally the picture will be darker than you might normally like to view but it is safer for the break-in and you can still enjoy viewing. I took my break-in to 200 hours just to be sure but I did pull out the calibration disc and run it just out of curiousity after 100 hours. The set menus and test screens can make for some image retention/persistence but it goes away rather quickly, especially after a good whitewash.

For calibration I use AVIA but intend to get DVE soon and compare.

50" and HD...prepare to lose your eyeballs. They will never be the same again. :D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.