AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a wall mounted LT-150 and it is sitting inverted on rubber doorstops to raise it off the board it is on. I was wondering if it would be ok to use a strip of blackout fabric(what my screen is made of) to tie it down to the board in case of an earthquake.(it is directly over my head after all!) My only worry is creating a fire hazard... Anyone know if this fabric can take the heat the LT-150 puts off? Thanks for your input!

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
You would be better off with some metal strapping. Such as plumbers tape (i think thats what they call it) and you can paint it whatever colour you want to match optimally.

Also, most projectors have some sort of place where a security (anti theft) cable can be attached. a small loop of aircraft cable anchored to the wall would be fine.

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
I use bungie cords which come in differing lengths. It's a lot easier to unhook bungie cord than untie a knot from a piece cloth. I'd also bet it'll withstand heat better than vinyl clad blackout fabric. Fabric will block more air flow too so bungie cord is best. You can always daisy chain 2 or 3 cords if your shelf is huge (doubtful).

------------------

Huey ;-]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.