AVS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw this at their booth at CES and it seemed quite interesting. It provides similar output as a 1,000 watt RMS subwoofer but with this thing you can only feel it, you don't hear it. They demo'd one for me it and it was, well, interesting to say the least. Never experienced a product like this. Does anyone know anything about it? Have there been things like this before?

· Registered
3,510 Posts
Aura, Buttkicker, Clarson....

· Registered
981 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denon2807 /forum/post/0

?

Aura shakers, buttkickers, etc. This has been done before. Do a search for buttkickers and you'll see. You can buy Buttkickers in various places for less than that and it'll include an amp.

To answer your original question, yes, it's been done before.

· Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sisko197 /forum/post/0

Aura shakers, buttkickers, etc. This has been done before. Do a search for buttkickers and you'll see. You can buy Buttkickers in various places for less than that and it'll include an amp.

To answer your original question, yes, it's been done before.

Well, what are your guy's thoughts on these things --- specifically the Quake 10.0 posted here?

· Registered
6,111 Posts
The Earthquake shakers are relatively new... I doubt that many people have tried them. There was a write-up at Secrets that was positive. But there are many people here who have the others, and in general, most people really like the effect. I have both the Auras and the Buttkickers: the former attached to my sofa & loveseat, and the latter to my floor joists. They are both capable of achieving the desired results, though very different. The Buttkickers are MUCH more powerful. It would take at LEAST five Auras, probably more, to provide the same force as a single Buttkicker. Of course, the Auras are much cheaper, and also smaller/lighter, so easier to put in small spaces. Also, the Auras have a pretty significant resonant peak somewhere around 45hz, which in my opinion is too high for a proper shake effect. I prefer shakers to be limited to the

· Registered
1,326 Posts
Looks like a Buttkicker LFE...perhaps on steroids. Major kudos to Earthquake for putting all the mounting options on them...the side brackets are a GREAT idea!

Price is a bit steep, but we'll have to see how they perform. Sounds like I need to give my 'quake rep a call and compare them to the LFE's in the theater.

· Registered
196 Posts
Has anyone tried the Totem Drum? My local dealer is really singing about it, saying it's the first transducer his shop has agreed to carry. He calls it an "audiophile's transducer." Not sure what that means, but since he doesn't carry anything else from Totem, it definitely got me interested.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.