AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can't seem to find much on this sub. Does anyone have any direct experience with this unit? I am familiar with the larger Earthquake offerings. They seem to be well reviewed. I am wondering if the same is true for this smaller product. Thanks.

· Registered
7,822 Posts
Have you learned how to use Google yet?

· Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Google......what's that? Sounds like something you get in a third world country when you don't wash your hands. Oh.....it's the largest search engine ever??? Thanks DMF, you just answered my question in a positive and constructive manner!!!

I have stooped to sarcasm and I apologize to DMF and everyone else I may have offended, seriously. I checked google and did not find old references to 'ecoustics' and other mass purchasing sites helpful with knowledgable assessments of this sub.

I'll admit, between taking my son to football practice then cub scouts while shuffling my daughter to work I didn't have six hours to research every nook and cranny on the web about this sub. So I took the 'easy out' and decided to poll the generally qualified persons that I've come to trust on this site.

Again, if anyone has any input on this model I would greatly appreciate it. I am looking at a used model for the secondary system in the basement. Thanks.

· Registered
7,822 Posts
I found 66,500 hits on 'Earthquake Sub 80' including several of what appear to be reviews on the first page.

One supposes that there might be a few people that will read them for you, but I'm kinda busy my own self.

· Registered
7,822 Posts
Better would be "Earthquake Sub 80", which narrows it down to 630. Even a smart-ass such as yours truly can learn something once in a while. :)

· Registered
7,822 Posts
Doesn't seem to have been a big commercial success. I see no reviews for it, and the few stores that were selling it seem to have dumped it to eBay.

Why are you looking at it, specifically? Do you have some performance a/dor price constraints? What room size? What speakers will it be mating? What price?

A little 8" sub will be marginal except in a very small room, but it might be better than not having a bottom.

· Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the directly relevent questions. I was looking for the cheapest low-end I can find. It is for a secondary 7.1 system with bargain equipment: Polk R20 mains and older Polk center driven py a Pioneer VSXD810. The current sub is an ancient Polk passive sealed enclosure that houses two 6.5" drivers......

http://www.polkaudio.com/home/specs....=277&vintage=1

The Earthquake I'm looking at is going for $160. Browsing for subs under $200 will probably net better performance than what I have now. The room is approximately 22"x12'x8'.

· Registered
3,013 Posts
Well,

For under $200 you have a few choices from my list below.

Seth

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.