AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to be a brand new Directv HD customer and it's been a pain in the butt. you'd figure they'd have better deals for a new Dtv customer, but i seem to get the raw end no matter which avenue i go to.

if i were an exisitng customer, i would just buy a new HD STB at CC or whatever and then i would call Directv and they would probably come over to my house and change out the dish to a triple LNB for free as long as i signed on for another year. total cost= cost of the HD receiver

if i were a brand new customer, i would have to go into a CC, Bestbuy, etc and buy a HD stb. on top of that, i would have to pay anywhere from $100-$150 for the triple LNB dish. total cost= cost of the HD receiver + $150.

does this make sense to anyone? what are my options? should i just sign up for the darn free 2 room thingy and just go get HD a week later and have them switch out my dish? i don't mind doing that, but it'll be a waste of my time and i want my HD NOW!!!!

·
Registered
34 Posts
You should be able to get a deal on a package as a new subscriber. I just updated to HD on D*. Current customers could pay cost for the dish and get it installed for free...IF it was a direct replacement. For me the dish had to move to a better location to get all three sats and I had to pickup the extra cost.

Anyhow.... I'm SURE D* has a deal.... I can take a quick look on-line... okay here is an example:

American Satellite:

FOR NEW SUBSCRIBERS

Triple LNB Dish

E86 High-Def Hughes Tuner

HBH-SA second room receiver

Two room installation

$499.98 shipped.

At Circuit City

Triple LNB Dish - 99.99

E86 Hughes - 534.99

HBH-SA - 114.99

$749.97

Sounds like you are getting a deal to me!

--Bill

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.