AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have decided to enter the final frontier (for now) of HT perfectionism, room treatments.

I am looking for adhesives that can be purchased at: Lowes, Home Depot, or Menards that are relatively cheap and will not damage painted drywall.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Consider using double faced tape. I can't be sure that it won't peel some paint off when you remove it but it certainly won't damage the drywall.

·
Banned
3,550 Posts
Other ideas: Build stands from lumber and stain/paint that or if Industrial Strength Velcro works (best on heavy textured wall) and that can be repaired easily if you could use that. I would test it first. The Velcro needs to dry on both pieces for 14-24 hours on each piece before you Velcro them together. Sizing up each of them and remembering thier position works. Otherwise treatments will probably fall right off the wall and you will need new Velcro. I got mine at Wal-mart but Lowes probably carries that also. I went through about 4 or 5 small boxes and a couple large ones for 9 24X24 panels. I moved them around the room about 4 times however. Had to experiment.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts