AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We recently took an un-used plasma and installed it into our break area. It's current use is slide show presentations of artwork that rolls thru our shop. For ease of use, someone simply hooked up a laptop with XP and dropped some images into a photo directory.

These images always display in the center of the screen. Is there a solution out there that will automatically change the location of the image with randomized placement?

Is there something out there that can be set to display images in various directories, then cycle thru those directories looking for new content and automatically slide-showing thru them?

Ease of use is somewhat critical. Changing content on the fly without need for user intervention at the laptop itself is also desirable.

We are currently using XP's built in screensaver. Is there a better solution that others are using to display images?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Steve,

I use Webshots but it only allows you to fit to screen or center. However, it does give you lots of effects and you can create folders and select them and unselect them to your hearts content! It's quite easy to do. Just create a new photo collection folder and do a select on the photos in a directory you want to display and drag and drop them into the new Webshots folder. You can download a free version if you do not plan to download high quality photos from webshots nor use their server for displaying photos. I have tons of photo albums in it and they are even divided into seasonal ones! It also compresses which is nice. You just open it up select the folders you want to run, select random and off it goes. It's at least a start for what you are looking for. I have this at the office and it really is quite amazing how many people do ask about it. In the meantime if you want here's a link to my photos:

My Webshot Photos

:)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.