AVS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to get someone local on CL to build me cabinets for FTW21s. I've got some good idea on what the dimensions should be (7 cubic feet) but I am not sure what to tell him about the internal bracing, etc; I also don't have the drivers in hand yet and I'm guessing that may be a problem
So any suggestions? I know eD can make them but that would more than triple the cost.

Thanks,

MP

·
Premium Member
13,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, really appreciate it!

·
Registered
7,946 Posts
Neo Dan had a 6.5 cF sealed design that I've built 6 times but I can't for the life of me find the cut sheet or the thread with the box in it. I use the same design for my FTW 21's with a windowed brace instead of the sheet with a hole cut in the middle he had designed. Both are fine as I've done it both ways and they both are very inert.

I'm sure someone knows that design?

·
Registered
7,946 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by madpoet  /t/1415926/easy-ftw21-designs#post_22138862

Well I found this one but it was for 18s and the front looks too small for a 21.
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1368642/tc-lms-ultra-18-5400-subs#post_21119752

Still digging, thanks for the pointer

Ya man thats it. I actually found the cutout sheet in my pics folder a few mins ago. Its a super easy build, someone can just use the FTW cutout and flush mount measurments and you are golden. I have 2 FTW's in those enclosures and 2 more being built as we speak. I like to take some scrap pieces of wood and brace from the brace back, as I use 1" MDF all around, front and back double baffled. They are heavy but are totally inert and work awesome.

·
Premium Member
13,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Many thanks! I am going to go for four as well ultimately
I need to get the cutout and flush mount measurements from them since I'm still waiting on them to ship.

·
Registered
7,946 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by madpoet  /t/1415926/easy-ftw21-designs#post_22139153

Many thanks! I am going to go for four as well ultimately
I need to get the cutout and flush mount measurements from them since I'm still waiting on them to ship.

The measurements are on Marks site.

·
Premium Member
13,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yep realized that after
So Nate, how do you like them? I am replacing 3 CS 18.2s.

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
Just got mine built less than 3 weeks ago. Unbelievable performance and SQ. Click here to learn more.

24x21x35, 7cf cab size

Just can't get over how much better these sound and feel compared to my last setup!

·
Registered
7,946 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by madpoet  /t/1415926/easy-ftw21-designs#post_22140495

Yep realized that after
So Nate, how do you like them? I am replacing 3 CS 18.2s.
I can't imagine having anything better. I've had lms ultras, mal-x's, blah blah. All the good usual suspects and these as well as my mal-x 21's are my favorites for sheer HT destruction. The SQ is very good and effortless SLP at any level I've tried. So far, of the people that I've talked 2 that bought the subs, I haven't had one yet pm'ing me and saying anything but how awesome they are lol. I will be the first to admit that I'm a Mach 5 fanboy but it's with good reason. I've bough a crap load of subs from Mark and I've had nothing but great experiences with all of them. The 21's just go beyond what I was expecting as IMO, they even hit harder than my Mal-x 21's do. And I have the ability of driving 10 minutes from my house and picking them up

1 - 12 of 12 Posts