AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Didn't see a software forum so I'll just ask here -- does anyone know of any good freeware that is a simple mpeg video editor JUST to cut out commercials without reencoding.

Something "on the fly" would be nice like the the editor in total media is perfect -- you can watch the video and just set edit points.

I may end up just using total media but would like a dedicated program, for this use alone.

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
I don't know of any freeware programs available for editing but a google search may find some for you. I've been using VideoReDo for about 15 years and it's probably one of the best editing programs out there. I hate paying for software that I only use on occasion but I have more than gotten my money's worth from VRD. If you do a lot of commercial cutting or editing it's well worth the cost. You can fix a lot of issues with the video and audio streams using the Quickstream fix option and you can also join video clips together. It can scan a file for commercial breaks and mark them automatically, although it's always a hit or miss prospect using any type of commercial cutting or skipping app so I prefer to do it manually. You can transcode to just about any format you like on the fly. I believe you can use it free for a few weeks to try it out.

·
Registered
1 Posts
You can try Joyoshare Video Joiner. It can meet your need to cut commercials without quality encoding. I guess you just use it several times. If you use Joyoshare no more than 5 times, it is free of charge. Then Joyoshare is equal to freeware for you. Also, this software has a simple-to-use interface. You can cut your videos without hassle.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts