Universal Media Remote

Xbox Live Silver

Xbox Live Gold 30-Day Trial

Perfect Dark Zero Limited Edition

Dead or Alive 4

Kameo: Elements of Power

Project Gotham Racing 3

Extra Wireless Controller

Play & Charge Kit (for extra controller)

Rechargeable Battery Pack (for included controller)

Anybody think this is excessive for a preorder bundle?

·
Registered
4,484 Posts
my favorite part - Limit 1 per customer.

I think I'll give it a good 2-3 years, when the HD-DVD drive is included, before I consider it.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
And people will buy it...

the good thing is that those games aren't too bad...among the higher profile ones and not the usual odd crap game usually among bundles.

·
Registered
4,357 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alczervik2
well i guess that means those are launch games
I wouldn't count on it, especially since they've been hinting fairly strongly that PGR3 is going to be a little late.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreen
Anybody think this is excessive for a preorder bundle?
Depending on how the prices work out for the individual games, it's not even a deal. If Dead or Alive 4 is $59.99 and the three first-party titles are $49.99, it winds up being something like $8 cheaper to buy everything individually than in the bundle. If all of the games come in at $49.99, then the difference would be boosted to $18 less by avoiding the bundle. The $49.99-for-first-party-titles is still an unconfirmed rumor, as far as I know, but still...

(Edit: Whoops, that's the limited edition of PDZ, not the standard version, so you're saving at least a whopping $2 off the grand total MSRP with the $700 package.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gai
And people will buy it...
It's not a bad package and isn't far off from what I'm sure I'll wind up with shortly. As long as the list is, it boils down to (a) the premium console package, which I'm sure most of the people who buy the console will be grabbing, (b) four games (I'd probably be buying 2 or 3 at launch, so this isn't that far a step up), (c) a second controller, and (d) some stuff to make the controllers a little more power-friendly. If the price point offered some remote advantage, I'd consider it. If there were a package that ran $150 less and had two fewer games, I'd absolutely go for it.

·
Registered
454 Posts
After looking at the pictures now I know how the wired controllers will connect. Interesting

·
Registered
536 Posts
Call me crazy, but I preordered one. I'll probably end up cancelling, but I was definitely planning on buying the rechargable batteries and extra controller, plus Kameo and PDZ, PGR3 was a maybe and I have no interest in DOA4. If I keep the order I'll probably just end up trading it in or eBaying it.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
If you already pre-ordered the XBOX360 at EB do you have to get the bundle? I really don't want all of the games and don't have time for all of those games. I actually wanted Madden with it and COD2 which aren't in the package! I dont mind them foricng to buy 1 or 2 games and another controller but 4 is ridiculous.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
What they're counting on are those thinking that this SKU may be the only one they'll be able to get on release day.

I bid and won on Ebay for a PS2 with 6 games on it's release date (couldn't find one locally). Yes, I overpaid.

Jasman

·
Registered
552 Posts
Quote:
What they're counting on are those thinking that this SKU may be the only one they'll be able to get on release day.

I bid and won on Ebay for a PS2 with 6 games on it's release date (couldn't find one locally). Yes, I overpaid.
Well, the difference between the EB deal and your Ebay PS2 deal is that consumers may not be overpaying very much (if at all) for the EB deal. Just as Adam indicates above, this deal may be roughly the same as if you purchased everything separate on your own.

Assuming the games offered in the bundle sell for $49 the combination of games and accessories in the package would retail for $280. Add the $399 Xbox 360 and you're looking at $680 if you walk into your local Wal-mart looking for the same items. The liklihood that between one and three of the included games will retail for $59 makes this bundle a wash -and all the shocked reactions a waste.

·
Banned
4,104 Posts
Quote:
This bundle does not include the hard drive needed to play games created for the original Xbox
Hmmmm, I wonder if the hard drive will be thought of by the masses only for that function....

·
Registered
525 Posts
Wow that bundle is so expensive....EB needs to quit smoking crack!

The sad thing is some parents WILL pay for this for their kids. I'm just purchasing the premium pack with 1 game.

·
Registered
4,357 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Tyner
Depending on how the prices work out for the individual games, it's not even a deal. If Dead or Alive 4 is $59.99 and the three first-party titles are $49.99, it winds up being something like $8 cheaper to buy everything individually than in the bundle. If all of the games come in at $49.99, then the difference would be boosted to $18 less by avoiding the bundle. The $49.99-for-first-party-titles is still an unconfirmed rumor, as far as I know, but still...

(Edit: Whoops, that's the limited edition of PDZ, not the standard version, so you're saving at least a whopping $2 off the grand total MSRP with the $700 package.)
I really don't see how they are promoting this as a deal. They aren't saying you save money. They aren't advertising as a savings. It's simply how you have to buy it if you want it from them. They do this every launch. If it didn't work, they wouldn't do it. Hats off if they can sell enough of these to warrant the bundles. I personally wont buy it, but they can do whatever they like.

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
I noticed that a lot (if not all) of the bundles that the stores try to sell with the PSPs offer no savings and sometimes do cost more than buying each item separately. I wondered who was willing to buy it, but I guess people do if it has everything they want. Sometimes the perceived notion of the word "bundle" implies savings, and a lot of people probably don't want to waste the brain power to do the math themselves.

·
Registered
Config: 5.2.4; Receiver: Denon AVR-X4700h, Display: LG OLED55C7P; Speakers: MartinLogan
582 Posts
Yeah, I saw that this morning. I must say that if Microsoft wanted the core system to be affordable EB just made it very unaffordable. Yeesh...

I really hope my pre-order isn't an automatic bundle.

Now, I do understand the need for the stores to ensure some type of bundle. The amount of money each store makes on the sale of one single console is peanuts (about $10). This isn't much considering the amount of floor (or backroom) space this requires. The store wants, rightfully so, to ensure that if you're purchasing a product that eats up a lot of valuable real-estate that you will also purchase a couple of more lucrative items (like games and periphrials).

That being said, forcing a consumer to buy 4 games, and three periphrials is just plain nuts.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Reminds me of when I bought my 3DO. What was I smoking? Of course, that console was way ahead of it's time. Personally, I am waiting until a decent inventory of used games are available. Probably 6 months. Right noe ebay is a wonderful place to buy games. I just picked up Doom 3 for $16.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
>>Right noe ebay is a wonderful place to buy games.

imagine the flood of systems, accesories, and games on the market soon... :)

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdank
After EB showed their cards, Gamestop raises them all in.

Ultimate bundle from Gamestop: $1199.83
Holy crap... I haven't done the math yet, but this seems to be maybe about $100 savings. If you were looking to get all 11 of those games anyways.... :D

I dunno... but I think the best bet is the Premium system at 399 and then a Gamefly membership.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.