1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
That can't be an AVS member! :D

·
Registered
3,901 Posts
Ohh thats too funny. I guess it lets you know it works at least, but it really doesn't make it too apprealing does it ?

·
Registered
158 Posts
I wonder if this is a projector from one of the gov auctions and they're trying to make a quick buck? I mean, why else would you show the picture without trying to clean up the convergence & focus?

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
He doesn't know how. Probably thinks that the projector's not working right actually :)

·
Registered
90 Posts
If they don't know about converging & 'Aiming' the tubes..

I would say that it was originally set up futher away from the wall..

from the ebay picture... ;)

The film was Ice-Age...

what a loverly way to put people off Home Cinima...

·
Registered
80 Posts
i am new to crt's so don't rip on me to badly but what is convergence? how do you fix that?

·
Registered
968 Posts
Convergence is like when you cross your two eyes, but if you had three. You see double because your eyes aren't aligned exactly on the same points. When you converge you basically put up a waffle grid on the screen and make each of your three eyeballs line up exactly on top of each other so you only get one highly focused picture. In the eBay listing the seller doesn't have the three tube's projected display aligned on top of each other. To do this properly you first do a mechanical angular alignment in the center of the screen and then electronically tweak them together throughout the rest of the screen.

That wasn't ripalicious at all was it?

Mark

·
Registered
6,126 Posts
oh, that's mine. you mean it can be better than that. Isn't that what a NEC is supposed to look like when you converge on acid. OOOOh, woooow those guy's are goooood. Can I soak my hand in hot water and grab that big red wire again?

Just me being stupid, again...

·
Registered
80 Posts
when my crt gets here i think my head is going to explode trying to figure this thing out.all i want is to have my own movie theater . is that to much to ask? lol

·
Registered
398 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by cyacop
when my crt gets here i think my head is going to explode trying to figure this thing out.all i want is to have my own movie theater . is that to much to ask? lol
Nah, what did you get? You'll get lots of help here to get you going. Welcome to the club.

Marvin

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Check out the convergence on this eBay gem.

Not only is the convergence off but the tubes are real toasty.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.