AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Your question is very open ended. Good buys are available from e-bay. It is best if you know exactly what you need and know what is a reasonable price for the item. I would look at buying new items in the original box. Open box specials can be a good deal. For example, pre-amps are occasionally sent back to on-line stores. They test them and then offer for sale on e-bay as open box. If you trust the seller, you can find some great deals.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
On ebay there only seems to be 4 or 5 models of antenna's, so I thought maybe someone here all ready may have purchased one. I am about 40 miles from the nearest station and when its windy I get drop outs with the rabbit ears. I was thinking of getting a directional antenna with a rotor. The all have good specs if you can believe them so making a choice is still difficult. if you search "hdtv antenna" you will see there are 4 or 5 with the same listing, one seller has many of the same antenna which are much cheaper than retail stores.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Can you post your tvfool.com results? Enter your actual address and save the post transition plot to your harddrive. Reply to this thread using the advanced option and attach the plot as an attachment. We can help you determine which antennas are good choices for your location.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.