AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those who have gone this route, is the difference between these two obvious enough that the -6 shelf should be avoided due to lost output, or is room gain at such low frequencies adequate to bring it more or less flat with the rest of the response curve?

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
The answer, is, of course.....it depends.

Depends on your room. easiest way to find out is measure your sub outside and then inside and see the difference, and then you'll know how much your room will contribute to make up the difference.

JS

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies. Right after I posted I realized how much the answer would depend on the room's contribution. I think to be safe I'll try -6db box. I can always alter the internal volume/tuning frequency to that of a -3db alignment if I don't like it. Kind of tough to do it the other way around without building a new enclosure.

·
Registered
4,602 Posts
I started off tuned to 6.5Hz with the towers but at that time I didnt have enough displacement so i kept raising it until 13Hz or so. Now with more displacement, tuned to 5Hz, I make up for the loss up high. +24dB!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.