AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently I bought a Echo Gina 3g in order to start to use my pc as a pre/pro. I wanted to do this under windows as I'm a fan of ffdshow and mediaportal.

However after a 5 days of trying I have not been able to get any playback from the echo at the right samplerate. I tried everything, the wdm driver, purewave, the asio plugin for foobar.

But all cd's, dvd's, flac encoded and mp3's play back in slowmotion, or if I lock the samplerate to 88.1 or 96 to something reminding of the chipmunks.

I have reason to believe that the samplerate is not correct as I have also not been able to get any recognizable signal to my receiver. SP/Dif is working because looping the out to the in on the echo shows I have a clock signal but the receiver is not getting a signal it can pick up.

What thing could I be missing here ? Onboard sound is turned off in the bios, and it's a fresh install of XP. It's not playing any 8khz sounds from the XP soundschema so I'm running out of options. Next thing to try will be to get decent sound from linux using alsa but I would prefer to stay on windows.

Any other users of this card or other cards who experienced the same ?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I don't have a Gina, but I do have a Echo MiaMidi on my HTPC and have never had any issues with it. I use MCE 2005 with the Nvidia decoder. I have the Nvidia decoder set for spdif passthru and the htpc is connected via a coax spdif cable to my Onkyo receiver. I'm using the 6.11 beta driver and the included wdm driver. I haven't tried nay othre mode such as purewave or superchannel since my current setup does everything I want. I have not used asio plugin in foobar, but have used kernel streaming in foobar and it works just fine with my Mia Midi card.

From looking over the docs for both the MiaMidi and Gina, it appears that the drivers are very similar. I have my "input clock" on the driver console window set to "internal". And from the driver tab, I have mine set to "the sample rate is unlocked". As for system sounds, the Echo doc. recommends disabling them. Since, they and i quote, "Because most system sounds are sampled at very low sample rates, typically 11 to 22 KHz, each time they are played it will cause the sample rate clock on your Echo product to reset to the slower speed." This could be your problem with the slow motion music. I wanted to buy a Gina originally and had to settle for the Mia due to $$$.

Not sure if any of this is of any help, but just wanted to let you know that someone with a echo card on this forum has been running trouble free with it.

Good luck.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Echoaudio tech support came back to me and send me the newest build of their drivers to try as last resort but they think it's a hardware issue with the card and I should return it.

So I'll try the new drivers tonight and then probably contact the store because I tried in several PC's with several operating systems and they all behaved the same.

·
Registered
7 Posts
If you tried it on several different computers and it still exhibited the same problem, I would agree that it seems like a faulty unit. I'm glad to hear that echo tech. support is responding to your needs though. I'd be curious to hear from you if any new features were added in the latest driver build that they are sending to you, if you have the time to check.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.