AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well for those of us who don't like waiting till christmas to open presents I thought I would reopen this with a new thread. Please feel free to post ANY information you have here.

I don't know if being able to record from the internet would be that big of advantage to me per the current rumor. I think the new Replay TV 4000 has all of the things I am kind of looking for but at way too much of a price.

My top 5 things would be:

1.) Faster Menu

2.) Be able to make the PIP bigger smaller move it without the keyboard.

3.) Record to the real end of the show. (Example the World Series.)

4.) Faster Internet and more hours for free. I would use the Internet Feature a lot and I am a big techie guy. I used to have Web TV and liked it. Problem is you can't do much in three hours and it is slow. It will never be my main service but I would use it. I however will not pay to be on Web TV as a seperate bill. It was horrible trying to get off. Try finding a Web TV number for a customer service to discontinue it. Keep in mind this was 4-5 years ago.

5.) ]Make it free. However, I am willing to pay as long as I see leaps in improvements.

I just bought my UTV so my current top five may not be the same in two months as I become more accustomed to it.

Who thinks this would be a great feature. My Sony 53" will allow me to do two big pictures of the same size side by side. Why not have the ultimate TV do the same thing but with its two tuners. I know they will never allow you to do two satelite pictures out because then everyone would just hook it to another TV but if they do it in the box like they have with the current PIP I think that would very cool especially for people with Big Screens.

M!:cool:

·
Registered
232 Posts
A faster menu would be nice, but I would really like to be able to set up a list of a few current channels that I can flip through with a single button push, and really fast. My cable box has this and I use it all the time. No monthly fee would be nice, and since DISH does not charge a fee maybe they will drop the UTV fee too.

Do not think there is any way to know when the real end of a show is, unless the station sends out a special signal when a show ends. The the world series last night. I started recording before I went to bed and just to be safe had it also record the next three half-hour shows. Still missed the 11th and 12th innings.

I also have a Sony 53" (XBR 300) with the side by side feature. Sure would be nice if UTV could do the same thing, and show four shows at once too. And they could continue to update it with a software download.

A question? I have the keyboard that came with my DISH pvr. Anyone know if it will work with UTV? If so, I could use it to program my remote to do more of the PIP stuff. Thanks.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
avsciencesq:

Hmmm I like the four pictures thing because the two side by side pictures actually look like they take up only half the screen because of keeping the picture from distorting. It would be awesome to do the four pictures evenly to fill up the whole screen. However, that would have to be a Sony TV feature as you only have two satelite inputs. Well right now at least.

Do you have that stupid 13 tv pictures feature that has 12 small pictures on the outside and then one big one in the middle. It cycles through all of the channels to give you an idea of what is on? That is just wasted technology there.

Don't have a clue about keyboard.

M!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Would be great on my widescreen...

I'm still waiting for a quick fav channel with quick access (ala turbo tune on Hughes receivers), quick guide (although it kicks TiVo's backside as is), and some sort of suggestion feature. (as TiVo has).

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think your 16 X 9 TV would be great for the side by side picture. My Sony is the normal 4 X 3 which I like better for full screen. However, the 16X9 size I think would make for two wider and bigger pictures. Since the sony does not want to distort the pictures they only fill up 2/3 of the north south picture.

FYI - I just got the Radio Shack new Remote 15-2014 and will be giving a review sometime this week. I have no idea how to get it to work but I am excited to mess around with it. Does anyone have the code for who to get this new remote to work with a Sony UTV?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.