AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have done extensive searches here and on Google.

Anyone know how to access the Service Menu of this IRD, or have any info on the service menu? I'm trying to resolve my Overscan Issue (I think it's overscan)

Thanks,

Matt

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
What is your "overscan issue"? Some people have been known to inadvertently have their 6000 in a stretch mode. Press the * button on your remote to scroll through the various stretch modes until you get to "normal".

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
As far as I have seen anywhere on the net, there is no service menu other than what you can access using the regular menu. At least I have never seen any codes or discussion of it here, at DBSForums, DBSTalk, HomeTheaterForum and a few others.

There is a way to adjust the centering of the image using the user menu but that will just shift an overscan issue from one side to the other.

·
Registered
6,557 Posts
What exactly are the symptoms of your problem? Overscan is usally a problem with the TV and not the STB. The * does control a "zoom" feature which could be interpreted as overscan.

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
You can also adjust the Vertical/Horizontal position slightly in the HD setup menu.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am having a problem with the scaling of the HD image on my Panasonic PT-L300U Projector.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...hreadid=241104

I know that the problem is most likely with the way the image is being scaled on the Projector. Any image through the Component Video connection isn't scaling properly on my Projector. I believe the projector isn't scaling the image to crop out the overscan, which I thought it should do.

I'm in the right Zoom mode (a la * key) and I have adjust the Horizontal/Vertical position of the image using the HDTV portion of the menu system. However, I still have a Black border all around the picture as it appears on the screen, about 2 inches on top, and 1 inch on either side. I was hoping there would be some more control over the image that is send to the projector from the STB.

Thanks everyone, I will try and work on the PJ scaling again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.