AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a problem with my ECP 3000 I will turn it on and set the convergence perfect And its great until shutoff then when I turn it on the next time the convergence has drifted at first I thought it may just be something like warmup time but it nevers goes back to perfect convergence no matter how much time is given to warmup if I reconverge it its once again fine until power off aand cool down turned back on again right aqway convergence is still good.

Could this be the Convergence PCB card in need of replacing??

Thanks for any help you can give me

Paul

·
Registered
594 Posts
Could be.....However, it is the job of the Dallas chip on the remote board to keep the settings after power down. Have you replaced it at all? They have a lifespan that could be exhausted now....

If it has been replaced then it could be components on the convergence board starting to age. I recently upgraded to newer cards and software in my ECP4000 and the convergence is much better- but is still off a little until it's good and warm.....Temperature plays a big part especially in southern Ontario. I have a temp probe inside my PJ and it can go from 15 degrees C in winter up to 37 degrees C when the pj has been on for a while.

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
Also, let it warmup before you converge it. Your posts says:

Quote:
I have a problem with my ECP 3000 I will turn it on and set the convergence perfect

I let my pj a good hour warmup before I do a full setup. By the time I get to convergence, it's been on about 3-4 hours depending on how much of a setup I'm doing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.