AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was adjusting the flare and stig on the blue crt.. as per what I read i flipped the switches on the focus boards and turned the red and green crt off ... now the red won't come back on. I was having a problem a little while ago with the red crt turning off and on during a movie..but now it won't come on at all ... it seems the crt has power as it has that orange glow at the end like the others..but no picture...any ideas???

·
Registered
594 Posts
Try swapping connection points at the HV splitter. You could also try GENTLY tapping on the neck of the CRT to see if it comes back to life. IF it does the tube is probably on it's last legs...The Red tube in my ECP died not too long ago. The other thing to try is swapping the neckboards with one of the other tubes. Also, if you are using the RGB i/p board then swap the coax cable with one of the others.....

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
would it be possible to swich the red for the blue connections on the focus/bias board (the one with the focus controls) .... if the red crt works it would mean the problem is not the crt or neck board but on the bias focus board. If the blue crt works but the red one doesn't it would mean the problem is likely the neck board/crt.......

I want to make sure i don't screw up any further by doing this...what do you think???

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i tried swapin hi power leads and video input coax wires to no avail. I am convinced that the problem orginates in the focus/bias/neck boards.... can anyone tell me if it is okay to switch the ble for read connections on thefocus board to see if the red lights up... at least that way i would know that the red crt and neck board is okay.....

i don't want to do it until i get the go ahead from others who have tried it....

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's official, I switched the neck board and nothing..... so the problem is not the neck board.... any other ideas out there?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What a way to spend the easter weekend.... all I wanted to do was impress my friends with my newly mounted projector.... now I have a 100lb+ paperweight hanging on my ceiling!

This is where I am...

The red CRT quit .. all others work ok

1. I swapped neck board ...the red one worked on the blue so the neck board is okay.

2. I swapped the hi power leads ... again they are okay

3. I switched the blue for red connections on the focus board...VOILA, THE RED CRT TURNED ON.... SO I believe the problem is on the bias/focus boards...

I pulled the boards..anybody have any idea what I should look for?

ANYBODY know where I can buy a replacement focus/bias boards....

** by the way I made the horrible mistake of turning the projector on before connecting the blue CRT connections on the focus board...it lit up and good...I was lucky I turned it off immediately or I would have surely blown it!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.