AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just re tubed an ECP 4000 using known good tubes from a "scrap" 3000, everything lines up okay, apart from one small problem. It seems impossible to get the geometry perfect without using LOTS of green only convergence. If you imagine the projected raster, and "nailed" it to the screen in three corners, the geometry being spot on top, LHS, and bottom, it would appear that if you grabbed the bottom rh corner and dragged it to the right, this is the result I'm seeing. Obviously this is correctable using LOTS of green convergence, but, of course the convergence then drifts like crazy (over many hours) another side effect of using green covergence in large quantities is that the resultant image (which red and blue will quite easily converge to) has a strange "hooting" problem which seems to reside in the areas where large quantities of green only convergence were used.

Obviously this is not an ideal situation, and I'd rather get to the root of the cause rather than treat the symptoms by removing it with green convergence. Any ideas chaps ?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sorry, I forgot to mention, the deflection yokes are not twisted with respect to each other, and the basic problem I think is that the Keystone correction is acting unequally l/r side of screen.

Any suggestions helpful, or unhelpful greatfully received

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.