Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all:

I have been having an ongoing problem with my ECP-4000 and I need help. It is to my understanding that the ECP4000 series have always had convergence issues. My problem lies in the alignment of the blue convergence. I must state that with the help of HI REZ projectors in Framingham, Mass where I purchased the projector, a lot of the issues have been taken care of. But...there is one major problem I'm having.

After doing all the initial adjustments and set up procedures, I proceed to point convergence. During and after this procedure I noticed that the blue and ONLY the blue jumps out of alignment. Sometimes it holds for a while and as I'm watching a film, the blue jumps out of convergence again. The RED always holds so I believe the BLUE should as well.

These are a few things I have done with the assistance of HI REZ to correct the problem:

1. Reseated and cleaned all boards - No luck

2. Did complete hard reset - Same problem

3. Changed convergence board to the latest board available - Cross hatch looked more stable but problem still occurs.

4. Changed the remote board, the board with the small red button but did not change dallas chip - No luck

At this point the only thing I was not able to do was change the dallas chip. Hi REZ is shipping a new one today. I will keep you posted. Meanwhile any thoughts will be appreciated..

Thanks, Nelson

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Those are hard to diagnose. Since you bought from AVS you will certainly be taken care of... usually that jumping issue is due to a loose card/card not seated well, or dirty contacts on a card. I personally have never experienced it before.

Oz

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Is it going out of convergence in one zone only, or is the entire image shifting? If you reload the program is the convergence still off?

Wm

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just received a new dallas chip unfortunately it did not make a difference. I just don't know what to do. I am wondering if this actual problem can be fix? I will also say that this problem makes the projector unwatcable. Any thoughts?:(

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
Yes, pull the convergence board back out, ground yourself, and make sure all the IC's are FIRMLY pushed in their sockets on both boards (bottom and top board). You can use a small flat blade screw driver to get in between the boards to the bottom IC's. On the inline IC's, press on both ends to get a "rocking" action, on the square IC's, push near all corners - not just in the middle - taking care not to bend the board excessively (support from underneath).

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
Oh, and do the same for the video control module (right next to the input slots).

·
Registered
500 Posts
Hi Sony,

I think I know what you have done. The problems you are describing are most likely attributed to having maxed out your convergance amps and geaometry adjustments. I have never seen one of these machines continue to have the same problems after a proper mounting and mechanical alignment. I bet what happens is when you use the zone convergance on the red for example, the blue will jump out, or vice versa. You need to check where your image is positioned in the "no move" position. I bet you are way off and your machine is misaligned and either too far or too close. I can almost guarantee it will be that and a combination of not having the raster centered on each tube face. If you want to call me just email me and if you are in front of your machine and I can tell you what to look for. I would recommend getting a qualified installer to reinstall though. Drop me an email if you want and I will get you my number as it sounds like your at the end of your rope.

Mike

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.