AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a problem where I display a white field and on the screen it is more blue on the blue side and more red on the red side?

Is this correctable?

Rob

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
Hey Rob.

No, unless you get a bigger screen. Normally this is caused by a small screen, and because of the tubes being on either side, sometimes you end up with this color shift.

How big a screen are you using?

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Jay,

I have a 96" screen with 2" painted borders so I am projecting 92" wide.

I have messed with my G2's a bit and reduced it but I cant get it all out. Maybe I will do the color correction again and get all my 140v K's in order.

Rob

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
1. Is it possible that you are projecting your image with the projectors cover removed, and maybe the foam removed from around the front 3 lenses?

2. If you happen to be projecting into an unfinished room with white drywall (or a finshed room with white painted walls) the light from the two outside lenses will reflect off the side walls (especially if the first question I asked you is true) and hit the screen...

Further aggrevation of this would be either of the first two points being true, compounded by a narrow room.

I'm guessing that if you make sure that 1 is correct, and you painted the side walls a dark flat color, the problem would be reduce greatly.

On a final note, this isn't an issue just to the ECP series, but would be true for any 3 lens CRT system :)

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Aaron,

You are correct with the cover off and foam out. I will put it all back together and see how it looks. The walls are painted a medium color and the room is only 12' wide on a 8' screen so I might have to live with the light bounce .

Thanks

Rob

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
8' wide...never heard color shift problems on a screen that large. Normally I see it on the

·
Registered
7,136 Posts
What's the gain of the screen? While hotspotting becomes a problem the higher the gain, if I'm not mistaken, the red -> blue colour shift is also more noticeable on a higher gain screen.

Kal

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I dont know the gain unfortunately. I got the pj and screen from an office my work was moving out of. The screen was a bonus, I looked over and there it was a Draper electric signature series. Now the downside is that the screen is 10 years old and has whiteout to hide the fact that IBMers dont know what a whiteboard is!.

Know anywhere I can get a cheap Draper replacement screen?

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It seems to be a matt white finish. I have a da-lite screen (Video Spectra 1.5 ) as well and it 'glows' in comparison.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.