AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an electrohome ecp 4100. Other than me needing to discover how to focus it better, the image has been great until now. As I was watching a movie I thought that the green gun stopped working. Turns out the green is still on, but when I look into the lens I can't see an image, the entire area is glowing green (like it was trying to project an all green screen). Flicking the switch by the electronic fine focus a couple of times brings it back to functioning. Then it either is OK or I have to go through the above routine again. Anyone know where I should look to fix this problem? I'm a newbie, so if you suggest I look at a particular board, it would be really helpful if you described the location of this board too. Thanks in advance!

-Alan

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
There is a small black video lead going to one corner of the neck bd on the back of the green CRT (it connects by the big black heat sink). The two pin connection commonly get tarnished over time and needs cleaning with an emory pad. Do this with the PJ off.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mike,

Thanks for the reply! My red tube has been going on/off and this was the problem so it probably is the cause of the green too. While I was cleaning the red tube's video leads I noticed that the board below the red tube has 2 coils (wrapped around cardboard tubes that are roughly 1.5" high). One is wrapped with copper colored wire and the other is wrapped in red wire. The one wrapped with red wire either has the cardboard broken or pulled out. When I was moving the video wire to access the two pins on the red tube I noticed that the wire was brushing the red wired coil and it was moving. Do you happen to know what this does and how important it is to have replaced or not? I wiggled it slightly with an image up and didn't see any difference. Thanks in advance!

-Alan

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
Sounds like your width coil, but I can't imagine why the cardboard insulator might've been pulled out. However, as long as you've still got ample width, don't worry too much about it. When the red horizontal width suddenly shrinks to nothing, then you can start panicking....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.