Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is what happens:

I was running this projector for more than a year without problems. 92" wide screen, DEUCE SDQ scaler at 1024x768; not the wonderful 3D you guys are talking about but it was handling fairly well all the signals and formats (cable, DVD, VCR), good enough for a multi-purpose room in my basement: for exercise, relaxation or movie viewing.

I noticed lately a loss in quality so I did a hard reset and restarted the process, trying to follow the valuable information found on the Forum and I noticed this:

If I display a crosshatch or a graph bar (brightness, contrast, etc.) it will show correctly but when I press Exit, the image shuts off from the Red and Blue but is still visible on the Green, gradually fading away in a couple of minutes. I look into the lens and I see it bright at at beginning then dimmer and dimmer.

Please help!

By the way, I am in Cleveland, OH, any ECP techs in the area?

Thanks,

Octavian

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
It is me again,

When I look at the Green neck board, I think I can see a burn sign on one of the two big (470 ohms or so) black resistors on top. Can that be the cause?

I have spare neck boards but from Red and Blue, are they interchangeable?

Thanks,

Octavian

·
Registered
4,801 Posts
Sir

Try unplugging the multipin umbilical cable going onto the green neck board and see if red and blue behave normally; if so, you likely need to replace the green neck board.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for answer, Tim,

Yes, the red and blue are behaving normally.

I have another 4101 for parts but only the red and blue neck boards are good for sure. Can I use one of them for the green tube? Are they the same?

Thanks,

Octavian

·
Registered
594 Posts
They are the same...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.