AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just found the focus controls for each CRT (Hidden inside right beside power supply) When displaying convergence screen with each color on alone I get a nice tight green line but the red and blue are fuzzy no matter how much I adjust this. Any ideas?

Thanks,

-Dewey

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. I cannot see any wing nuts in the projector though. I have the top panel off right now and I see a metal tube with some adjustable nuts securing it on the top. Playing with these does not seem to do anything though... Any more detail or other ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

-Dewey

· Registered
550 Posts
with the cover off, you should see the top silver (bare aluminum) CRT/lens mounting bar. in front of this bar, there are two wingnuts on top of each lens tube, 1" and 5" in front of the mounting bar. you loosen the wingnuts (one at a time) and rotate the lens assembly. one is coarse adjust, the other is fine adjust. don't expext blue to get super sharp.

still don't see any wingnuts?

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Actually looks like some one replaced some parts in this assembly. I had a double nut locking mechanism. The assembly connecting the bar to the lens has either been broken or removed. I was able to adjust it by pulling the lense in and out of the mirror assembly though and now have the best pic I have seen from this projector. Thanks again!

-Dewey

· Registered
550 Posts
my bad. one is edge focus, the other is center focus...

("coarse" and "fine", jeez. :rolleyes: )

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.