AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've looked in the manuals, and what is described there is different that what is contained in the menus of my ecp 4100. I think the software is different, I have version 3.3 I believe, and an older manual.

I've already lost a setup because I don't know how to save the convergence+ settings...if anyone has a clue...I tried a search, no luck.

thanks,

-K

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
K,

Unless you're using one of the recall memories, all you need to do is exit the convergence menu when you're done, and it will ask you if you want to save the changes. Tell it yes (or hit arrow up, I believe) and it should be stored. If it forgets the settings when you turn it back on, you need a new battery backed RAM chip on the IR board.

Chuck

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
Chuck is right...for convergence savings you simply push "EXIT" twice. However, if you are talking about setting up different memories, then that is done through by pushing "HELP" then "4" for utilities. Once there you can save different setup memories for different sources. At least it is on V2.2 which I have. I wouldn't think it would be too terribly different for V3.3.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I said yes when it asked if I want to save or discard changes.

My issue is the multiple memories. Where one is for 4:3 sources, one is more anamorphic dvd, etc...

Jay, I know what you are talking about, but the version of software that I have doesn't have the that selection after I press 4.

bah, I'm going to mess with it some more...

thanks guys,

-Kaaran

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
Karaan,

What options do you have after pressing 4?

·
Registered
658 Posts
Here's the run down for Source Recall. This works on my ECP 3101. My software is 3.4a dated January 1996 so I don't know if this will help you but it should give you the basic idea. Get everything the way you want it before saving.

1. Press Help

2. Press '5' for Utillities (4 on yours maybe?)

3. Press '6' copy projector settings.

4. Press '2' and enter the recall setting you want.

Example "R1" (Press Recall button then 1)

5. Press '3' to save.

Note: After pressing '3' the projector should disply "Copy Successfull'

To call up a saved memory do the following.

1. Press 'Source'

2. Press 'Recall' then '1'

Keep in mind this is for software version 3.4a. I hope this gives you some more insight as to what you need to do.

John

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok, well, using v.3.3, Utilities on mine is option 5

then

1 channel list

2 mounting configuration

3 keypad protocol

4 screen messages

5 projector ID number

6 copy projector setups

7 auto source recall

8 auto power-up

9 blanking time

I checked all of these, none of them are it.

Also, the screen is bouncing minutely, and I do mean minutely. I don't have an actual source plugged in, just 4 BNCs...could that be the problem? it doesn't seem like vertical or horizontal adj will help

thanks,

-K

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh man...

I saw that setting, but I thought that was for copying setups to connected projectors....

well, Zolzar, you are the man! Thanks so much!

-Kaaran

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Jeez, John, you want to laugh? I did a setup and didn't realize that to save in a memory slot you leave it as a "?"...and I could swear I read in the manual that if you turn off the pj, when you power up again it keeps the same settings. So I decided to test this out--bad idea, I lost the setup...and only after that did I realize that if you just want to save in a memory slot, not copy from slot to slot, that you leave it as a "?"...wow, can we say a bit overzealous to get this setup? Sheesh....

-Kaaran

p.s. and this thing is still exhibiting a small amount of bounce, its quite annoying....the picture kind of jitters up and down a few mm, and I think it's because I don't have a source connected, just some BNC wires.

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
Uh Karaan...I have some bad news for you...with no source connected, nothing you save, converge, setup, etc is going to work. It's all based on the input you run. When setting up, you want to input the highest frequency you plan to run at, setup/converge at that rate, and then fill in the lower resolutions. And that is why your picture jitters.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Kaaran,

Jay is right. You need to setup with a source connected. Without the source the PJ doesn't have anything to sync to. If you lost your setting when you powered off the PJ it sounds like you need to setup the 'Source Lock' function. Here's how to handle that one.

1. Make sure everything is set.

2. Hit the 'Source' Button.

This is should bring the menu up in the lower right showing you the

slot, source, and recall number.

3. While that is displaying hit the 'key' button.

You will see a key pop up on the source.

I think that should do the trick as far as power up and power down. Keep in mind with the source locked you will be unable to overwrite the recall memory if you adjust your convergence. Simply follow the same steps I just mentioned to unlock the source and save your new settings. Hope that helps.

John

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Boy do I have egg on my face....well, hey, at least I got some practice huh? :D OVERZEALOUS! I just have to wait for my scaler...

thanks guys, you're awesome

-Kaaran

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.