AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just mounted my ECP on the ceiling. My ceiling was a little low to start and the center of the green crt hang about 1.5 ft below the ceiling. Unfortunately, when the projector is level with the ceiling, the picture projects off the bottom of the projection wall... in order to center it I have to tilt the projector up abouy 5 degrees. I know you usually can tilt the projector about 15 degrees down can you tilt it same 15 degrees up and use the keystone correction in order to correct the image?

thanks in advance.

·
Registered
375 Posts
The answer to your question is yes but I am curious... Are you saying that your crts are lower than the center of your screen or just that you have to tilt the projector so that crts are actually lined up closer to level? IOW, since the crts are not parallel with the base do you actually have them shooting up? If you don't then you will still be using keystone in the same direction.

Andy

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is a bit confusing.

I am saying that when I mounted the projector on the ceiling and had the base of the projector is level with the ceiling (not the crt's), as if it were sitting flat on the floor. When it is mounted this way the projected image is too low on the wall and I want to adjust it up. In order to do this I have to tilt the base of the projector about 5degrees up and I get the image in the right place. Normally the image is too high and you tilt the projector down ....i was wondering if keystone works when you tilt the project up a bit.

thanks

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
You're fine. A lot of the answer also has to do with whether you are using a 4:3 or 16:9 screen. When I had my ECP4000 I also had the base tilted upwards a bit . On the original ECP brackets there is that adjustment there for a reason :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.